June 21 Check in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: June 21 Check in

Post by MackerelCat »

Penny, I am sorry you are feeling so awful. (((HUGS)))

Jackie, the new thing with doctors is they want to vet what kind of patients they'll be getting. So they want to see your medical records to get an idea of how much trouble you'll be. I ran afoul of a doctor here who did that. She turned to be as lazy as sin and wouldn't treat my high cholesterol or benign positional vertigo. So I went to a practice that trains medical students because I figured at least they'd be thorough, and they are.

Been working at top speed this morning because I had a lot of stuff to get in the mail before the mail man showed up at noon. There's a church member who loves to waste my time, so I was practically flying getting everything ready for the mail before she showed up.

Last night I did some hand laundry, cleaned the kitchen, started a grocery list, and made a small pan of brownies from scratch. I'd been craving a little something chocolatey, and a brownie hit the spot with my lunch today.

Tonight I will finish my laundry and maybe finish reading "The Egg and I" by Betty MacDonald. It was a $1.99 Nook book this week and I am really enjoying it.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning ,

Leaving in a bit , meeting a friend for lunch. Then going to look at another car with Avis, DH also has a car that he wants to look at in a town an hour or so away, I told him that I would drive him if he doesn't complain every mile :lol: (sort of LOL ) DH has raised the price to around $27,000 or so !!!! :? He plans to take some taxable money out of his IRA !

Again, I am fairly sure that this won't make a different at our end of life, what a way to think.

Right now there is a CD for 2% for TWO MONTHS!!! A year ago 2% for a year was beyond wonderful!! Of course I do understand that prices will be going up :(

IC
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Maybe it's raining all over the world today, it sure is here. I have to run to Walmart to pick up my prescriptions, am out of everything, but was waiting to see if the rain would let up before going. It's a must do thing so I may have to bite the bullet and go whether I want to or not in the rain. My Dr. was very pleased with my blood work and vitals yesterday. I'm good to go for another 6 months. I have a dental cleaning in July and that will be it for Dr's appointments for another 6 months. So glad to get them all done.

I haven't gotten a whole lot accomplished today, but for some reason it's not bothering me to much. Another one of my childhood friends died yesterday down in Alabama and I'm giving thanks that I am still fairly healthy and alive. They are having a memorial for her at a later date. Her mother was one of my favorite teachers in school, but for some reason she and her mother never got along and I couldn't understand that for her Mom was wonderful with us students. I often wondered if "M" being an only child was jealous of the attention she gave to us. In things she's posted on facebook in the years since her Mother has died I am inclined to believe she was. I will miss her.

I made Sandy's Rotini Pasta Salad last night and it was delicious and there is enough for several meals. I love dishes like this for the summer, as it's a one dish meal. She said she made it for Easter, but it hits the spot anytime.

Also made a couple loaves of Blueberry Bread as I had berries that needed to be used up. I kept one loaf out and froze the other one. This one is so easy to whip up.

Penny, I am so sorry that you are still not feeling good. Hope you get back to your normal stride quickly. Bless your DD's heart, I hate to start having a car not be reliable.

Mackie, sounds like your new job is keeping you busy. So glad you found something so quickly.

Rinty, you are a saint. I can't imagine going on a field trip with a 100 kids. I'm sure that all of you had your hands full.

Jackie, you work so hard and you deserve a couple days a week of less work. You are one of the most accomplished people that I know and I've got to teach you not to feel behind when you sleep late. :lol: Just remember that it will all still be there tomorrow.

Clem, you feel like you are missing a limb when you don't have your car don't you? I sure do. Hope that compressor isn't going to be to expensive, but you gotta have your ride.

IC, your husband is so lucky to have you. I am proud of you for driving him to look for a vehicle when he's critical of you. I would just do my thing and pay no attention to him. There is one thing about it, you know that you are doing something for him that he can't do himself. I wonder sometimes when he's going to realize how dependent he is going to be on you down the road and if he would want you to be this unkind to him. You could be so happy in your lifestyle if he would do some changing.

DGFlorida, glad to hear that you know what could have caused your hand to go to sleep for that long.

Janet, you are one brave lady and I admire all that you get done for yourself. Hope you are feeling better today.

Ok, the rain has stopped and the sun is shining so I think I will get going. Everyone have a wonderful day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss - you are so sweet to think of all of us!!

Yes it feels strange to be without a vehicle. Not that I am out on the streets all the time, but knowing that I can if I want to do that means a lot.

Our house looks deserted. The COD took his white SUV to his cousin to have new shocks installed. He is gone most of the day, so his truck isn't here. Now my car is not here either. He has two other vehicles, but one is in the garage and the other under the carport extension and under a car cover.

I wish he hadn't sent his other car out. At least I would feel I could take off :lol: .

Did just get home. Went to the store with my sibling. Then out to lunch with her and another friend. Change of pace - Chinese - yummy.

Now maybe to lay down and relax.

There has been flooding down south along the coastal areas and Rio Grand Valley river area. Very strange. We've had some rain. Drizzle and then a few heavy brief showers. Grass is greening up again.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Little Miss,

you are wonderful, thank you for your words.

I am sorry to vent so much, :? I'm not taking that as anyone complaining about it. :D and I am so thankful to have all of you to talk to about it.

Some of my friends do know how unhappy I am, but I really don't want everyone to know.

IC
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Evening everyone,

Slept terrible, but then must have fallen back asleep and woke back up 15 minutes before we were supposed to leave. But we made it, met Ex in the parking lot of the University. He paid to fee for the orientation, including parking for three cars, lunch for three and DS's overnight and food and parking for tomorrow. He also bought breakfast. DS has his tentative schedule made and will finalize it tomorrow. Of course, when it came time for me to leave, it was raining. I did not have an umbrella, I have not gotten my bearings on campus. I made a few wrong turns until I found a pole with a map on it an a big "you are here" and I found where I wanted to go and I was on the opposite side of campus and was headed the wrong way. I was soaked by the time I got to my car. I am afraid it will take several days for my shoes to dry out. So I drove home soaking wet for 2 hours. LOL!

So here's hoping I sleep better tonight.

Maggie