Daily check in July 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in July 8, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

The story on the Thai rescue has been changed to only 4 rescued and not 6 as earlier reported. Still have so many to get out and the rains will be coming again within the next couple of days.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:50 am I’m back.

I did some thinking last night and I would miss you all if I stayed away. I looked back to some of my old posts after mom died and copied them to save. Kind of a diary for me. Thank you all for being there for me.

DGFlorida, I apologize for acting like such a POS. We are very different but I will try harder to look for good things in your posts and areas where we agree. I admire all the work you have done on your home. (Makes me feel very lazy but I still admire your work.)

I have so much anger in me at times, just like my dad. I have fought so much to try to change but must try harder. My doctor gave me the Rx for low dose Xanax and it doesn’t do much but I don’t want any stronger meds.

On a happier note, I picked out a new phone and cell phone plan yesterday. TracFone will not work in the UK or anyplace overseas. (Not sure about Canada.) I’m hoping to travel to other places outside the U.S. next year. I’m going with a Verizon Wireless prepaid pay-as-you-go plan ($40/month - a lot more than I’ve been paying). There’s no contract. I’m getting a small, cheap iPhone SE for only $159. It’s brand new, not refurbished, but is an older model. They had to order the phone so I won’t get it set up until Wed. or Thurs. I get to keep my phone number, hopefully. This is a splurge for me but I’ve had dirt cheap cell phones forever.

I bought Pippi a new scratching “curl” from PetsMart. She demolishes them. It was on closeout and I may go back to get another one. They had six tiny kittens right in front of the adoption center there. So, so cute!

Have a good day.
We would miss you too Florida.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:10 am Good Morning,

I made it out of bed and to 7:30 Mass. I am going over to DS1's at 3:30 today. It is cool and low humidity so I have my slider open and the Ac off. It is nice out. I want to clean up some things in the house. I have had too much stuff sitting out for too long.

I need to get on the ball about looking into apartments. I need to notify my current place by the end of the month if I am going to move out at the end of my lease Sept. 30. I not too excited about putting out $300 more a month in rent and having a longer drive to work. But I need to make some sort of change. I am in a rut. I am not putting myself out in a position to meet new people and have new experiences. My income can support higher rent, but why, if I don't have to. But then again, with my parent's health getting worse, I'd like to be closer. Maybe I will drive by some areas and take a look.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, Good luck with the apartment decision.....never easy.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:01 am good morning all

looks like the rescue operation for the kids in the cave have begun.
Clem, I am praying so hard for those kids and rescuers to all get out safely. What a terrible ordeal.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:21 am
clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:01 am good morning all

looks like the rescue operation for the kids in the cave have begun.
First two are out but it will be a worrying day. I’ve heard it will take 11 hours. What I don’t know is how they got in there in the first place.
They walked in but then it rained and they were trapped. They should not have walked in since there was a sign posted that during certain months the cave floods when it rains.. Stupid decision on the coaches part.. They said they have explored the cave before.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:50 am I’m back.

I did some thinking last night and I would miss you all if I stayed away. I looked back to some of my old posts after mom died and copied them to save. Kind of a diary for me. Thank you all for being there for me.

DGFlorida, I apologize for acting like such a POS. We are very different but I will try harder to look for good things in your posts and areas where we agree. I admire all the work you have done on your home. (Makes me feel very lazy but I still admire your work.)

I have so much anger in me at times, just like my dad. I have fought so much to try to change but must try harder. My doctor gave me the Rx for low dose Xanax and it doesn’t do much but I don’t want any stronger meds.

On a happier note, I picked out a new phone and cell phone plan yesterday. TracFone will not work in the UK or anyplace overseas. (Not sure about Canada.) I’m hoping to travel to other places outside the U.S. next year. I’m going with a Verizon Wireless prepaid pay-as-you-go plan ($40/month - a lot more than I’ve been paying). There’s no contract. I’m getting a small, cheap iPhone SE for only $159. It’s brand new, not refurbished, but is an older model. They had to order the phone so I won’t get it set up until Wed. or Thurs. I get to keep my phone number, hopefully. This is a splurge for me but I’ve had dirt cheap cell phones forever.

I bought Pippi a new scratching “curl” from PetsMart. She demolishes them. It was on closeout and I may go back to get another one. They had six tiny kittens right in front of the adoption center there. So, so cute!

Have a good day.
Florida cat so glad you are staying. You would have been missed. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama