Daily check in July 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily check in July 8, 2018

Post by Mrscreative »

FloridaCat Lover - so glad you're back. i didn't know what POS meant. Thought it was point of sale but after checking with Urban Dictionary, the meaning was clear! LOL!
We had a really good thunder storm late morning so turned all electronics off. Still pretty hot and humid. I think they plan to proceed with the festival since it seems to be clearing up now. The grounds will just be a little soggy.

I went to ShoppersDrugMart wanting to stock up on Ristaurante spinach pizza but all sold out! Still managed to spend my required $75 to receive $25 rebate without difficulty and managed to stick to items on sale besides the face sunscreen.

Have a good day everyone!
Creative
rinty

Post by rinty »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:15 pm
clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:01 am good morning all

looks like the rescue operation for the kids in the cave have begun.
Clem, I am praying so hard for those kids and rescuers to all get out safely. What a terrible ordeal.
Amen Christmastrees, its one of those times when all you can do is pray. Those boys seem to be coping extremely well and it is so encouraging to see what looks like people from all over the world donating their time and talents to free.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Really relieved , FCL. You are a very gracious woman. Go on the Susan Branch blog to unwind from all the hassles of the world, its a breath of fresh air, and she has posted lots of her trips to the UK.

Hot, hot, hot here. I need to do some sewing for work..........I hate sewing. But its gone 6pm so I better get on it.

Watching Thailand. Everything seems to be being done right, its lovely to see. I am so proud of those boys the way they are coping.

Every dish I own seems to be dirty............how ? We only had the two missionaries to dinner ? Two types of chicken, a fairly elaborate salad ( which DH made, it was GOOD) hot chilli cheese dip, rice, and nachos, followed by brownie with ice cream and homemade raspberry coulis. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow...BOOYAH.

LittleMiss, loving hearing about you and your man, yes I am feeling more positive, basically I am seeing that, bad as it is, we have a better deal than most have for their disabled kids. Also, I simply can't cope at that level of stress....I use work as respite for me and I am going out more to stop me "dwelling". It would be nice to relax, feel I could "drop the ball " but that's not an option.

I am trying NOT to focus on "Recreational Anxiety " and instead work on what I can actually change ;) However I am not Pollyanna so expect rants when it all becomes too much or someone hurts my baby.

Off to sew.....................
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, Rinty! England sounds like the Deep South these days, although it is bound to get worse here. Mid July is when it feels like Vulcan's anvil outside.

I saw a BBC World News piece last night on Italians who still pack a hamper of simple foods and spend the day that the beach. A photo of their pasta gave me an awful craving for some, so that's what I cooked for my lunches for the next few days. It used up some cupboard and pantry leftovers as well.

*Edited to fix typos. DH was rushing me out the door and spelling went poof.
Last edited by MackerelCat on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Wonderful day, got myself up early this morning and went to church, as I've said before it gives me a good start to my week when I can start it off by seeing my friends, hearing the beautiful music and word of the Lord. Another of my good friends fell in her yard yesterday. She is ok, just a little sore today, but thank goodness she didn't break anything. She said she bent over to pull some wild grass from her yard and she lost her balance and over she went. Had she not fallen near a lawn chair she said she would have lain there until her husband got home because she couldn't get up without some support. One could die from a heat stroke in this area if they had to lay there for an extended time, very scary to me. I will not be going outside without my cellphone in the little pouch I have for it to hang around my neck. I don't always have on a pair of slacks that have pockets in them. As we age we have to think of all the things that could go wrong for us.

FloridaCat, you have also made my day. When I saw your post it made me so happy and I know it did others as well. We all get our feathers in a tiff at times and you can do that with us. I love your post and I have always enjoyed them. Love that you are not leaving us. You are still grieving the loss of your Mom, you need to give yourself the time that you need for that. Time does help us, I can attest to that. Use to when people would say "give yourself time, time heals things", I didn't believe them, but having gone through losing my parents and DH I now know that it's true.

When I got home from church, I ate a light lunch and resumed watching "Marcella" on Netflix. I will have to start over on the episode for I fell sound asleep very shortly after it started. I had myself a nice nap and didn't feel guilty at all. I have given myself permission to not do anything on Sundays except relax and I'm sticking to it. The group of widows that I go to lunch with a lot were going to a pizza place today and I wasn't in the mood for pizza so I skipped out.

Like Mackie said, we have had so much rain the past month and when we do our humidity is terrible. At least Tennessee isn't as bad as Mississippi where I lived many years. When I go back for visits I am reminded of how muggy the lower South can be.

My prayers are with the boys and their coach in Thailand. I just pray they get them all out safely, what a nightmare for them and their loved ones.

I enjoy all of you so much and have a wonderful rest of the week-end. Stay out of the heat or rain and take care of yourself.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Had some nice family time. My brothers and their kids and grandkids were here yesterday and today to remember my mom's birthday. The COD says we should just quit - lol. And let her rest. My mom would have loved it! She was a party animal. Me - not so much.

We ate so much - ugh.

They left at noonish. Came home and dozed off. After that had to make a quick trip to the store - dog food, milk, bread - the essentials. Juice too.

I also try not to do much on Sundays.

We have also been having rain since the middle of the week. Quick intense showers. Everything around here is so green. Usually very dull and dry. Looks great, but let the mowing begin!

Have a great evening.