Daily check in July 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in July 8, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I seem to be doing more clean up than usual today. Oh well that's the way it happens sometimes.

The deck is painted and most of the furniture is back on it along with most of the plants. Hopefully the remaining very heavy items will be placed once oldest DS gets home from his drive.

Laundry is done, but needs folding, supper is ready to go when Hubby decides its time to turn on the BBQ.

Surprizingly the last couple of days our window and wall air conditioners are keeping up. We only have them on low!!! Mind you the last two nights they have been left on as it is not cooling at all. I really hope that soon we can turn them off in the evenings.

Hubby fixed something to hold up my cherry tomato on my deck. It was starting to fall over. Some stakes and what looks to be string is holding it up now. I don't know how on earth it has gotten as big as it has.

Off to read the forum and then continue with the laundry.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Re: Daily check in July 8, 2018

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:50 am I’m back.

I did some thinking last night and I would miss you all if I stayed away. I looked back to some of my old posts after mom died and copied them to save. Kind of a diary for me. Thank you all for being there for me.

DGFlorida, I apologize for acting like such a POS. We are very different but I will try harder to look for good things in your posts and areas where we agree. I admire all the work you have done on your home. (Makes me feel very lazy but I still admire your work.)

I have so much anger in me at times, just like my dad. I have fought so much to try to change but must try harder. My doctor gave me the Rx for low dose Xanax and it doesn’t do much but I don’t want any stronger meds.

On a happier note, I picked out a new phone and cell phone plan yesterday. TracFone will not work in the UK or anyplace overseas. (Not sure about Canada.) I’m hoping to travel to other places outside the U.S. next year. I’m going with a Verizon Wireless prepaid pay-as-you-go plan ($40/month - a lot more than I’ve been paying). There’s no contract. I’m getting a small, cheap iPhone SE for only $159. It’s brand new, not refurbished, but is an older model. They had to order the phone so I won’t get it set up until Wed. or Thurs. I get to keep my phone number, hopefully. This is a splurge for me but I’ve had dirt cheap cell phones forever.

I bought Pippi a new scratching “curl” from PetsMart. She demolishes them. It was on closeout and I may go back to get another one. They had six tiny kittens right in front of the adoption center there. So, so cute!

Have a good day.
My mother died at the end of 2002, and now I am realizing just how depressed I was after she died. I was the executor for her estate for my sisters and I so at least I was busy, but still depressed as I look back

IC