Daily Check In July 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check In July 9, 2019

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:46 am
littlemiss63 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:13 am
clemencia2us wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:23 pm I also buy from the Schwan's guy every other week.

This time of year mostly ice cream and pies

I took a lemon meringue pie to a little gathering last week and they loved it.
Clem, I have never bought anything from Schwan, but see their truck around town occasionally. On-line their prices seem to be much higher than my Kroger or WalMart. What is it that appeals to you, convenience, taste or ?????? I know if one was unable to drive and pick-up the grocery Home Delivery would be a plus even if you did have to pay more. I know I've heard you say before that their ice-cream was the best ever.
Their frozen veggies are tastier than the ones I've bought at the store.

I also like the convenience of buying frozen items from him and not have to go to the store and get it back home quickly. Good biscuits too. Yes, their items are more expensive, but when it comes to food - I'm ok with that. Also want to help keep them in business for those that need it. Especially in the rural areas. He says that people will really stock up sometimes.
Thanks, that makes sense.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

And Schwans does have the best ice cream and ice cream treats.

Bev
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:46 am
littlemiss63 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:13 am
clemencia2us wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:23 pm I also buy from the Schwan's guy every other week.

This time of year mostly ice cream and pies

I took a lemon meringue pie to a little gathering last week and they loved it.
Clem, I have never bought anything from Schwan, but see their truck around town occasionally. On-line their prices seem to be much higher than my Kroger or WalMart. What is it that appeals to you, convenience, taste or ?????? I know if one was unable to drive and pick-up the grocery Home Delivery would be a plus even if you did have to pay more. I know I've heard you say before that their ice-cream was the best ever.
Their frozen veggies are tastier than the ones I've bought at the store.

I also like the convenience of buying frozen items from him and not have to go to the store and get it back home quickly. Good biscuits too. Yes, their items are more expensive, but when it comes to food - I'm ok with that. Also want to help keep them in business for those that need it. Especially in the rural areas. He says that people will really stock up sometimes.

This time of year I keep a styrofoam cooler in the car and throw some gel packs in before I leave.. I usually do some shopping along the way in various towns when I go to the Drs office. Tomorrow have to go to the court house and it is about a 60 mile round trip and will shop my way home at various places along the way. I have never had anything thaw out or melt. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama