Daily Check In July 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In July 9, 2019

Post by jckitty »

hello all,

Have been up and busy, paid all monthly bills and had to make a trip to town for some things for dad.

I have a large pan of potatoes frying for him now...he eats eggs and potatoes every morning so I fry up a large amount and then he uses daily portions. Supper tonight will be flounder, baked potatoes, slaw and cold sides. DD will not be able to eat as she is fasting for a colonoscopy tomorrow at 6:30 AM. In another town and I get to drive her.

I need to do some light housework and get things laid out and ready for tomorrow AM as we have to get up at 4:30. When we get back I see a long nap happening .
Still praying and hoping for the best with the remaining trapped soccer players.
Have a great day all,
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good afternoon all.

Penny, I’m glad that you did not get hurt with the toilet bowl cleaner which is harsh stuff.

Clem, I’m so glad that so far everything has gone well with the Thai boys’ rescue.

Janet, that Dennis the Menace is a scoundrel!

This morning I used my free membership in our community rec center for the first time. I used the treadmill and really enjoyed it. Much more comfortable than walking in the heat. Coincidentally I ran into my friend at the check-in point. She was going to the senior exercise class she attends twice a week. I may go to that some time but I’m very uncoordinated. The class is $3 for members. I met her after her class ended and we chatted for about 45 minutes. She’s been out of town so I hadn’t seen her in a few weeks.

Now I’ll go to mom’s house just to do a few things and at least water the new plants. I put the birdbath that was in mom’s garage out in the yard so will check that, too.

Later I’ll do laundry and read. I watched a pretty good movie last night on Amazon Prime. Learning to Drive with Patricia Clarkson and Ben Kingsley. Tonight I’ll be back to The Americans, Season 3.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Overcast and cloudy, so I see rain before the day is over. Weatherman didn't predict any, but my arm is achy this morning and most of the time my arm is more accurate than they are. :lol:

Slept great last night and finished Season 1 of Marcella. Start of Season 2 looked a little gory so I'm not sure I will continue watching it I enjoyed the first Season, but being by myself with all the murdering going on is a little unnerving.

I have laundry to do today in my household chores, but not a lot of anything else. I checked my furnace filters this morning and they were barely dusty so I am not going to change them today. I've had my new vacuum cleaner for about a month and that tells me it's really doing a good job of picking up dirt from the carpets. I've told ya'll before I don't wear shoes in the house so very little is tracked into my house. I love the skid-proof socks that you get when you go in the hospital so I wear those inside.
With as many times as DH was in the hospital over the years I have lots of them. They are a little big, but that makes them more comfortable.

So happy to see that they have rescued 4 more of the soccer team from the cave. Praying that tomorrow goes well and the 4 remaining boys and the coach are brought out of there. There have got to be some happy parents that their child is still alive. What an ordeal to have waited this long to see their children again.

I don't have much news from here so will get my laundry started and then run to the bank to make a deposit. I hope all of you have a lovely day.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

itspennyc wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:53 am A busy morning. I was putting toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet when the bottle cap came off in the toilet. The stuff went everywhere. I got some on my shoe. I pitched the shoes and just in case put my foot under water running water in the tub.

I have cleaned the mess up, nothing was damaged I didn’t get burned, by the toilet bowl cleaner. Oh and my toilet is clean.

I am very tired, but I have been busy. All this was before I even had breakfast.

It rained earlier. Some areas got lots of rain, some of this area was in the recharge zone. I am not.

I still need to wash the kitchen and bath floors. I also would like to vacuum the living room. Last night my friend and I were curious about something down at the end of the hall. So we walked down to see what it was. On the way back I looked down on the floor in front of my friend who diet. I saw in the dust and dirt a Christmas tree tiny I had given her. It had not been there the last time I went down the hall. I rescued it washed it and it is drying. With a fan on it. Her family is supposedly cleaning out her apartment. Her great grand children were just running up and down the hall.

Not much else is new here. I think that this is more then enough.

Penny
Penny...what a mess! So glad you weren't hurt.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I agree with Floridacatlover. Janet, you have a thief. Ha, ha
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:49 am

This has been issued in my area. BOLO for a sneak thief.. He comes on to people's decks at night or early morning and steals things.. He seems to be very fond of green cherry tomatoes. Subject is armed and dangerous. He appears to be cute but that is his disguise. He has sharp teeth. He has brownish reddish hair and a big fluffy tail. The culprit is a squirrel his alias is" Dennis the Menace." Subject might be known as" Denise the Menace" since subject has not been apprehended and sex cannot be determined at this time. Subject has been know to snatch cherry tomatoes off of plants on peoples decks. If seen do not approach subject, do not give him food since this may encourage him to return..

I had three nice green tomatoes on my cherry tomato plant and that little rodent stole two of them. I put a million, maybe only half million, bamboo skewers in the pot to discourage said squirrel.. Did not stop him/her.. the last tomato was snatched..ggggrrrrI Will be moving the terracotta pot to the side porch or side yard. The squirrels never go in the side yard or front yard since there are not as many trees.. The area behind the house is all woods.. I had planned to make cages for my veggies but the cost of chicken wire was not in my budget this spring. I do have wood and nails etc.Going to be long summer with the other plants out there to be somehow protected..

Have a good and frugal day.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet, I believe he has brothers or sisters living in my area. My apple tree was loaded with little green apples this year. I noticed this week-end that there isn't an apple left on the tree anywhere. The little thieves didn't even leave me 5 or 6 to make one apple pie. I ordered some electronic mole repellers which were advertised to keep the squirrels away too. My fix is to late for that this year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: