Daily Check In July 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 9, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Will be back coffee in hand.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In July 9, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

A busy morning. I was putting toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet when the bottle cap came off in the toilet. The stuff went everywhere. I got some on my shoe. I pitched the shoes and just in case put my foot under water running water in the tub.

I have cleaned the mess up, nothing was damaged I didn’t get burned, by the toilet bowl cleaner. Oh and my toilet is clean.

I am very tired, but I have been busy. All this was before I even had breakfast.

It rained earlier. Some areas got lots of rain, some of this area was in the recharge zone. I am not.

I still need to wash the kitchen and bath floors. I also would like to vacuum the living room. Last night my friend and I were curious about something down at the end of the hall. So we walked down to see what it was. On the way back I looked down on the floor in front of my friend who diet. I saw in the dust and dirt a Christmas tree tiny I had given her. It had not been there the last time I went down the hall. I rescued it washed it and it is drying. With a fan on it. Her family is supposedly cleaning out her apartment. Her great grand children were just running up and down the hall.

Not much else is new here. I think that this is more then enough.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining here this morning and from the looks of the thermometer it is going to be another hot one!!!!

Youngest DS should be home at some point today and the DS's will get another partial day of bonding. The next time they both get to see each other will be Thanksgiving for a couple of days.

No spending planned for today though I must remember to get the meat out of the freezer for our supper or I will be tempted to order in something or other. My menu for last week kind of went out the window over the last few days.

I am going to pull out my dehydrator today and get started on that little task. My herbs are loving this hot weather and growing crazy. I need to trim them down to keep them growing. I have an over abundance of mint growing as well. So today I will dry mint and parsley. If I am lucky the thyme and basil will be done as well.

I did laundry yesterday so that oldest DS can use the washer today. He will more than likely stick everything in the dryer as is his usual practice. I can't believe he hasn't shrunk more clothing items over this.

My chore list is still fairly long and of course is filled with tiny tasks and greater tasks. It keeps me out of trouble that's for sure.

As all other days I will be as frugal as I possibly can. Nothing too big, but all those little frugals add up. So walking for exercise (think I will add some hand held weights shortly), using up what I already have, wearing out, and the myriad of little things done each day add up to big savings overall.

Supper tonight will be on the BBQ as well. I am going to pull some meat out of the freezer, hopefully it thaws quickly so I can marinate it. Skewers of meat and skewers of veggies sounds like a perfect supper. Though because the men are around we will need a starch. Think I will make some rice.

Today I am grateful for more sunshine and a full rain barrel.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Can't believe the boys let me sleep in. Well until 730.

It is overcast outside. Maybe more rain today. The temps have been pleasant. Lets see how long this will last.

Today is laundry day. Every Monday I wonder how long the week will last. And then boom - it has flown by. June was just a blur.

Hope all have a great day.

Looks like 8 of the trapped soccer players have now been rescued!!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. The last few nights I have actually been able to sleep. Went to bed at 10:00 PM and slept until 1:30 AM flipped over and went back to sleep until 7:00 AM. I have not slept that long in years... Feels good to get extra sleep.

Our heat and storms are starting up again today. We had perfect weather with temp in the 70's and 80's for several days over the week-end. Now back to a reality check this is July in the Midwest. Bummer!

This has been issued in my area. BOLO for a sneak thief.. He comes on to people's decks at night or early morning and steals things.. He seems to be very fond of green cherry tomatoes. Subject is armed and dangerous. He appears to be cute but that is his disguise. He has sharp teeth. He has brownish reddish hair and a big fluffy tail. The culprit is a squirrel his alias is" Dennis the Menace." Subject might be known as" Denise the Menace" since subject has not been apprehended and sex cannot be determined at this time. Subject has been know to snatch cherry tomatoes off of plants on peoples decks. If seen do not approach subject, do not give him food since this may encourage him to return..

I had three nice green tomatoes on my cherry tomato plant and that little rodent stole two of them. I put a million, maybe only half million, bamboo skewers in the pot to discourage said squirrel.. Did not stop him/her.. the last tomato was snatched..ggggrrrrI Will be moving the terracotta pot to the side porch or side yard. The squirrels never go in the side yard or front yard since there are not as many trees.. The area behind the house is all woods.. I had planned to make cages for my veggies but the cost of chicken wire was not in my budget this spring. I do have wood and nails etc.Going to be long summer with the other plants out there to be somehow protected..

Have a good and frugal day.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

BB walked.

So I haven't told all of you, I'm having a pool party in Aug 8-) YEAH, we used to have 2 pool parties every year, but with this and that have not done it for years.

So I have a bit over a month to "clean" up the house and yard. Keeping me motivated. Today and yesterday after walking BB I worked in the back yard for a bit.

I'm also little by little clearing up stuff in the house.

I plan to go to the library today, I have not been there as a "Friend" all year, it's time to go back.

IC