Gaining weight and not happy.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: Gaining weight and not happy.

Post by Sandy »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:56 am Thank you for bringing this up :(

At one point I was down 53 #, about 40 or so before I was diagnosed as a type 2, then starting with 2000 mg metformen I lost another 10 # or so.

My A1C was good, and my DR, took me from 2000 mg to 500 mg a day, then my weight started going back up, I'm up 20# :( :cry:

Like you I'm watching what I am eating, and exercising more.

My DH did tell me after I was diagnosed and my A1C was under control that my weight would go back up :?

I drink lOTS of water, almost an gallon a day.

No answers

IC
Yes, I drink about a gallon a day (really fun when you're away from the house).

Makes no sense!
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

so~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ should water be helping us??

Lucky for me I love water ! It's all that I drink, besides milk with breakfast.

IC
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Well, hubs gets no wheat, whole grain or otherwise. He has concluded the wheat was piling on the pounds. Maybe you need to lose the whole grains. Also he is like 30-50 grams of carbs for the rest of his life. Maybe you need to reduce your carbs if you want to lose the weight. I know this might sound unpleasant, but it is a reality for some.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:58 pm so~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ should water be helping us??

Lucky for me I love water ! It's all that I drink, besides milk with breakfast.

IC
I have two cups of Keurig coffee a day and nothing else but water. I keep two gallons of cold water in the fridge and have to refill at least one a day when I'm here alone. That said, I always start the day with 16 ounces of cold tap water. Seems as if I'm waaaay less likely to swallow an air bubble that way than with ice water first thing.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:22 pm Well, hubs gets no wheat, whole grain or otherwise. He has concluded the wheat was piling on the pounds. Maybe you need to lose the whole grains. Also he is like 30-50 grams of carbs for the rest of his life. Maybe you need to reduce your carbs if you want to lose the weight. I know this might sound unpleasant, but it is a reality for some.
Tried that. I went so low in carbs that, basically, I was eating raw vegetables and chicken. I tried that for a three month period between check-ups and *still* gained the pound a month.

Next: Stepping up the treadmill from two miles a day to three.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

https://www.&#@!.com/p/st ... dttlbdybks

I bought something like this, and I'm doing 500-1000 calories a day, it's easy to do, mindless, which is what I need. I just sit down and and pedal and watch TV !!!

I have been using it for less then two weeks, but I am hopeful, at this point I'm hoping to stop the gain. :roll: :cry:

I was using my treadmill, but ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IC

Again, thank you for starting this discussion.