Daily Check in July 10, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 10, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

I forced myself out for a walk after work in spite of the 92 deg F temps. I am glad I did. My brain needed it if nothing else.

This evening I hope to add borders to my quilt top. For dinner I am thinking about going to a local pizza chain. It is their anniversary week and they are offering a coupon for 50% off 2 pizzas. DS and I can get dinner and leftovers.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in July 10, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good lovely Tuesday morning,

The handyman finished the studs and plywood storm coverings yesterday and I got the eye injection done without a problem. I made solar tea which is chilling in the frig.

Today is a shopping day. I need to do non water, non dirt things and so no yard activity, no sweating. I have been meaning to get down to the big Walmart and get hubs some requested clothes and get me some washcloths. In addition, a trip over to Home Depot to get another set of wing nuts for the window studs etc. And the remainder of the day just inside work.

I checked the going rates on rain gutters and the handyman's price is very good. I will set that up for early August. Too many doctor appointments this month.

Today, I am grateful that the eye injection is over with for the month. Everyone have a good day. Be safe. Stay healthy.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

It's another beautiful sunny, hot, summery day here and I treasure every minute of it! Our winters are so long and cold so it really makes you appreciate summer. I have the patio door and windows open to cool off the house. Haven't turned on the fans yet.

Yesterday I went to get my groceries and I cut the lawn after dinner. Our grass has been growing like crazy and it must be done at least twice a week. Dh feels badly about me having to do it but honestly I quite enjoy it. I am trying as much as possible to boycott Walmart but did end up having to go there to pick up a few products I can't find anywhere else. I wanted to get some fresh hormone free chicken for dh and dd. No Frills had a great deal on organic chicken drumsticks which I picked up but they were frozen. So now I have lots of chicken in the freezer. No Frills does price matching and I picked up a huge amount of B.C. cherries for $1.66/pound. This is a great deal in Canada. Their cherries were much larger and fresher than Walmart's. We all enjoyed them for dinner tremendously!

Dh and I took a long walk in the afternoon even though it was pretty hot. We were gone for over an hour and dropped in at the hospital for a few minutes to say hello to our dd. She is so lucky to have gotten that position! She is paid very well and her work colleagues are very nice. She loves the variety in her work - the days are never the same and she has the opportunity to use her creative skills in developing health promotion brochures.

Supper tonight will be quite easy - will have leftover chicken for dh and dd, and I have some leftover cream of asparagus soup. All I have to worry about is a couple of vegetable sides. I can heat up some leftover brown rice to round out the meal. Lots of fresh fruit and some rice krispie squares for dessert.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest of the day but it is marvelous patio weather. I quite enjoy sitting in the shade and reading a good book. There are a couple of items I am looking for - a new ironing board cover and a fringed throw for our sofa. Dh sweats quite a lot and I don't want sweat stains on the sofa. Unfortunately I left the love seat too long and there are some visible marks where he used to sit. I've got it all covered up with a fringed throw though. Our set of furniture is now over 30 years old. They sure don't construct things like they use to. It was the first thing we bought new and it's been a great investment.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

All have been rescued from the cave!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:07 am All have been rescued from the cave!!
That is fantastic! It sounded like such a difficult operation and I was fearful for them, especially with more rain on the way.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:07 am All have been rescued from the cave!!
What a relief. They were hoping to be faster with each rescue and they were.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/