Daily Check in July 12, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in July 12, 2018

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Update -

My daughter took me to get my hair cut, I am very pleased.

Then we went to a shopping center that had store she needed to go to. After we finished her errands we went to Target as it was still too early for lunch. Then we had lunch in the Greek restaurant in the shopping center.

Even though we went to several stores I only bought a 4 oz measuring cup. I gave the money to my daughter as she gets 20% off at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I got a lot of walking in this morning.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The guys went fishing which was a very good thing. I really am not feeling all that well, I have the headache from He&& and even meds won't get rid of it.

So my day has not gone as planned. I did manage to get the daily chores done and even a walk in this morning. After that it was rest in my chair with my eyes closed. I am not a happy camper to say the least.

Even supper has changed to soup and sandwiches as I don't have the ambition to do anything else.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hi Everyone,

Again another late check-in for me. I was having lunch with my DD today at 11:30 and I didn't get up until 9:00. By the time I finished showering, dressing and doing my daily chores it was time for me to leave.

We had a very nice afternoon together. We watched a couple more episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon and then just visited and talked. We don't do that often enough.

I came home and had some of the Tuna Salad I made yesterday and I didn't like it as well today as I did yesterday. I will have to experiment a little more with it before I post the recipe. It was good, but something is missing or maybe I put a little to much of one of the spices that it called for.

I then went outside and cleaned up a little area where I have an ice-cream table and chairs. I have it sitting on pavers, but weeds had found their way into the tiny cracks. Adopting Janet"s 10 minute work - 15 minutes of rest I was able to get it all cleaned up and now will spray paint the table and chairs tomorrow. I had a bird bath sitting on the table and I may or may not put it back when the paint dry. The only thing is that the birds love to drink and bathe in it.

Jackie so sorry to hear about your headache, and especially one that want go away with meds. I have been blessed all my life to seldom ever get a headache. My stress must manifest itself in other forms. I have a sister-in-law who everytime you see her has a headache. My Mother use to say that she hits the back door wanting to know if you have a tylenol. I laughed and told Mother one time that maybe she (Mother) was the reason for the headache. They both disliked each other intensely and I know that neither one could hardly stand to be in the same room with each other.

Penny so glad you got your haircut. I have an appointment tomorrow at 3:30 to get mine cut and I can't wait.

Clem, your heart is so big. Be careful the next thing we know there will be another furball at your house.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.