Christmas In July

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Christmas In July

Post by rinty »

So, how is everyones Christmas planning going ?

I am checking through old blog posts regarding ANY Christmas ideas to get a head start, looking at menus, decorations, gift ideas .........THE LOT.

I also like www.organizedchristmas.com its always been a help for me in all aspects of planning for hosting, getting the house ready, making sure the actual meaning of Christmas doesn't fall by the wayside........everything really.

So far I have filled my grocery savings card. I save £144 and they will give me £6 FREE to top it up to £150. Thank you and that's all the food extras, sweets and such sorted. We both do savings sealed pots each year. DH does better he'll save £200 plus, I have only had around £70 or less ( we just don't use cash so much these days, so there isn't any change to go in the pots !!! ) I save a set amount each month solely for Christmas and DH gets a FREE winter fuel allowance windfall from our government each year which is £200. So Christmas is done and paid for ahead of time.

FInally cured DH of stocking for all the adult kids but now we have 8 Grandchildren stockings to do ! :shock: MEN ! Anyway, 4 of the 8 are DONE in the summer sales, the other 4 partially done. ToysRUs closing down was helpful also ;)

I am back to cross stitching Christmas cards and have made a start there, I have the whole summer holiday to do those as well as gift tags...........in July I can go all elaborate, if I wait til late Novemeber I go hairless and rush everything !

Any Recipe ideas or blog recommendations to look at please ? I love American recipe ideas as they have a slightly different twist............sweeter desserts etc
ChristmasTrees

Re: Christmas In July

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hi Rinty~
You KNOW I am jumping in here....:)

Any time I travel, I am on the lookout for an unusual gift for Christmas. So far I have about six. Some of my older grand nephews and grand nieces get gift cards from Amazon....those were ordered early and I have them put away. You can order them in cute Christmas boxes...free...and they are shipped to me....FREE.

Everything I send to family is wrapped...boxed...and sent the day before Thanksgiving. Lots of time to get there. Those on the other end just put the whole box away til Christmas. I have a big family...:)

As I am sure you know....I love EVERYTHING about Christmas!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I have made my list of DIY gifts and have everything together to start on those at the end of this month.

I am making a list of supplies needed for baking and candy making. I am really going to try and keep that under control. But you all know me I get a bit carried away.

I do need some ideas to freshen my Christmas décor and now that the basement is pretty much together (totally done by Christmas) I have two areas that need to be beautified for the season.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

I bought my sis a battery powered fan and the batteries this week and told her it was her Christmas in July . Her power goes out quite often and at 91 figured she might need it better than something in Dec. she needs nothing so she usually gets gift cards from her favorite grocers from everyone at Christmas. Bought dh a Kindle from Amazon in their sales for Christmas.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

I'm considering doing photo calendars or possibly iron-on T-shirts with photos from our recent vacation as gifts.
rinty wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:55 am So, how is everyones Christmas planning going ?

I am checking through old blog posts regarding ANY Christmas ideas to get a head start, looking at menus, decorations, gift ideas .........THE LOT.

I also like www.organizedchristmas.com its always been a help for me in all aspects of planning for hosting, getting the house ready, making sure the actual meaning of Christmas doesn't fall by the wayside........everything really.

So far I have filled my grocery savings card. I save £144 and they will give me £6 FREE to top it up to £150. Thank you and that's all the food extras, sweets and such sorted. We both do savings sealed pots each year. DH does better he'll save £200 plus, I have only had around £70 or less ( we just don't use cash so much these days, so there isn't any change to go in the pots !!! ) I save a set amount each month solely for Christmas and DH gets a FREE winter fuel allowance windfall from our government each year which is £200. So Christmas is done and paid for ahead of time.

FInally cured DH of stocking for all the adult kids but now we have 8 Grandchildren stockings to do ! :shock: MEN ! Anyway, 4 of the 8 are DONE in the summer sales, the other 4 partially done. ToysRUs closing down was helpful also ;)

I am back to cross stitching Christmas cards and have made a start there, I have the whole summer holiday to do those as well as gift tags...........in July I can go all elaborate, if I wait til late Novemeber I go hairless and rush everything !

Any Recipe ideas or blog recommendations to look at please ? I love American recipe ideas as they have a slightly different twist............sweeter desserts etc
ephofma

I Re: Christmas In July

Post by ephofma »

I love Christmas! As I have gotten older I seem to enjoy it more. Obviously, part of loving it is the real reason for the season; but, with grandchildren it is so much fun. It is a little odd here in Florida because it can easily be 80 degrees here and it seems like it should be snowing; but, I'll take it. I started saving for Christmas 2018 just after New Year's Day. I haven't bought any gifts yet, but, I'm listening out for what others say they need or would like.