Daily check in July 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily check in July 15, 2018

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My daughter took me to Walmart to do a bit of shopping and get a walk in inside in Air conditioning.

I only bought what I actually planned to get.

Penny
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

GGGRRRRRRRR warning VENT :?

So the named calling has resumed :roll: DH was talking about his new car and that it will need new tires $1,000 or so ( :roll: ), but not soon, and as little as he uses the car who knows when.

I go to Wheelworks for my tires, but that is not good enough for him, so I just told him that as little as it's going to happen, for him to do what he wants.

I have no idea how this turned into name calling but it did ???? :?

I was calm and just told him that he could pack his bags and leave at anytime. :| I don't think that he is gong to take me up on my offer. :lol:

I think that maybe it's tied up to my party in 4 weeks, he hates having people in the house, in years past when I would have parties, he would just not be here, even when I had a party for his sister and his family was here, that morning he picked a fight and left !! It hurt so bad :(

Oh well,

Thank you again for listening, it really does make a world of difference.

IC

DH has had me do his blood testing in the morning and night, today he won't let me test him and he won't test !!! That's new, I have no idea what that means.

DH spends all day apart from me in the "computer room" anyway, but he would at least let me test his Blood sugar. His numbers can be high, :? in the 200-300 pt range. sometimes higher.

I know that he had a bad night last night. Also I've been worried about him because he is not walking (outside of the house ) and won't do any kind of exerize at all.

I know that he is not eating right, he will not eat anything if I fix it, so~~~~~~~~~~~~

AAAUUUUHHHHH
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:37 am GGGRRRRRRRR warning VENT :?

So the named calling has resumed :roll: DH was talking about his new car and that it will need new tires $1,000 or so ( :roll: ), but not soon, and as little as he uses the car who knows when.

I go to Wheelworks for my tires, but that is not good enough for him, so I just told him that as little as it's going to happen, for him to do what he wants.

I was calm and just told him that he could pack his bags and leave at anytime. :| I don't think that he is gong to take me up on my offer. :lol:

I think that maybe it's tied up to my party in 4 weeks, he hates having people in the house, in years past when I would have parties, he would just not be here, even when I had a party for his sister and his family was here, that morning he picked a fight and left !! It hurt so bad :(

Oh well,

IC
You've taught him you'll tolerate it. So now, teach him you won't. The first name called, the first point at which his voice is raised, grab your keys and GO. Go see a movie at a mall, then walk around the mall. Go home around dinner, cook for yourself, eat and then retire to a room he can't reach. Do this every. single. time. and he'll learn that his poor manners lead to being alone. At that point he'll have to choose - is it worth being an ashhat for 1/2 a second of calling her a name followed by 4-6 (or more) hours of being totally alone?

Seriously, AFTER that solo dinner? If he starts up again... keep your keys on you at all times. Just go, again. Have coffee out, see another movie... whatever. Just don't let him cause you any stress.

I'd have the party elsewhere, like the hired room at a museum my Mom is having her French club's Bastille Day celebration today, and leave him home alone. Life is waaay to short to allow yourself to be treated poorly.
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning

Sorry you're having so much garbage to get rid of, Jackie. Thanks for doing it.

Another really hot one here today. yesterday they predicted rain but we got nothing but a couple of sprinkles. we really need rain. my balcony plants are thriving however. they are happy as long as they get lots of water. I have many tomatoes, all shapes and sizes, but not a single one shows signs of ripening. Interesting that yours are already done for the season, Clemenica.

We got a surprise this week, though perhaps not totally unexpected. A note was put under the door on Monday that our building was being sold and the new company was taking over on July 13. No indication of who the new company was. I guessed however - its a large company that has being buying up a lot of buildings in this neighbourhood. they will no doubt upgrade the common areas and then up our rent. they seem to be pretty powerful and get away with raising rents above the rent control guidelines. I have friends who live in their buildings.

i met the husband of the new husband/wife resident manager team. he seems very pleasant. I feel sad that our previous super, a hard-working young woman, has lost her job.

I had bacon and egg for breakfast instead of my usual cereal. Lunch will be tuna salad I made yesterday with avocado and raw veggies. supper same as yesterday - fresh stuffed pasta with added mushrooms, and salad greens. Minimal cooking.

Don't know whether my friend will want to go for coffee this afternoon. I thnk I want to go spend some time at the reference library. it will be cool and since it's very large I can get some walking in and maybe some stair-climbing.

Off to finish tidying up and then maybe I can sit on the balcony for a bit before the sun gets around.

Take care,
AnneX
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:56 am
icfrugal1 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:37 am GGGRRRRRRRR warning VENT :?

Oh well,

IC
You've taught him you'll tolerate it. So now, teach him you won't. The first name called, the first point at which his voice is raised, grab your keys and GO. Go see a movie at a mall, then walk around the mall. Go home around dinner, cook for yourself, eat and then retire to a room he can't reach. Do this every. single. time. and he'll learn that his poor manners lead to being alone. At that point he'll have to choose - is it worth being an ashhat for 1/2 a second of calling her a name followed by 4-6 (or more) hours of being totally alone?

Seriously, AFTER that solo dinner? If he starts up again... keep your keys on you at all times. Just go, again. Have coffee out, see another movie... whatever. Just don't let him cause you any stress.

I'd have the party elsewhere, like the hired room at a museum my Mom is having her French club's Bastille Day celebration today, and leave him home alone. Life is waaay to short to allow yourself to be treated poorly.
Awesome advice!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:56 am Good Morning,

I am up and ready to head to Mass in about 20 minutes. Another hot and humid day here in SW Ohio, with storms later. I want to go to the book store, start packing for my houseboat trip, maybe go look at life vests.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, Congratulations on your new apartment! Decision made!