Daily Check In July 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In July 16, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 am Good morning everyone,

Off to the fracture clinic with dh right now. He'll be seeing a shoulder expert. Have packed bagged lunches as it's not unusual to have to wait two hours. Let's hope it's shorter than that, lol! Also packed some reading material.

Creative
My brother had to go to the VA for an unexpected problem. They had to wait 6 hours.. He said one man must have been there before because he came prepared with a box lunch from KFC..lol.
Hope your visit was not as long and things went well.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check In July 16, 2018

Post by icfrugal1 »

colonialgirl wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:27 pm FCL - it most certainly is.

Hi all - nothing new cooking around here. Still feeling poorly and accomplishing very little. Have been working on my sampler. Today I hope to make my annual fruit salad. Generally only once in the summer are all the ingredients fresh enough and affordable enough to make it. We look forward to it each year. Dinner is going to be spaghetti.

Hubs is working on an end table. I bought a used Ethan Allen table very reasonably. He has sanded down the top for refinishing and I am having him paint the legs and apron a satin black. It will go next to my chair so I am excited to get that done. The difference between older quality furniture and the crap they sell today is absolutely unbelievable. My friend and neighbor is building a new home. They have a lot of money and it is a spectacular house - not my taste but incredibly lovely (and costly) She is going with cheap furniture that looks good. She said she is no longer going to buy "good furniture" but will buy these things that look great and are put together cheaply, then when they wear out in 2-3 years, she can get new again. I don't understand that thinking. I think I am outliving my time in the world sometimes.

Have a great day all.
LOL, I do understand what you are talking about with furniture, but ~ I inherited my mothers 1940's love seats, so they "sit" in my family room not being used because even though very well made they are uncomfortable !!! So I sit in a Lazyboy recliner, comfort, comfort, comfort!!!

And I do know that I will have to replace them at some point!

IC