Daily check in July 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in July 18, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

Morning all

Kind of overcast again today. Maybe remnants of the sahara dust.

Like Jackie, I too do not see the need to run around to look for bargains. I have a friend that runs to the store almost every day - food or clothing or to buy gas. It is a good 20 mile round trip. The gas savings are not there. But think that is just an excuse to go to Walmart. She does get bored easily. I've told them they just have to get hooked on internet forums and they will never leave the house again - lol. Money saved!

Hope all have a great day

Oh doing the usual Wednesday thing - breakfast with friends and then we shall see.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept much better last night. I still woke up a couple of times and got up much too early.

I managed to spill coffee on the counter and me. So I had to change my dress. The spill is mopped up.

I get my crown on this morning.

I have to call my regular Dr as I want her to change one of my meds. I just discovered an additional cause of my severe dry mouth. Two of my medications when given together cause dry mouth.

So I will be asking her to write a Rx for my previous medication for my stomach. This one doesn’t work as well and also is making my mouth painfully dry. I spoke with the nurse at my Dr’s. I hope I can get the Rx changed.

I am being picked up for my dentist appointment at 8.40 this morning.

Penny
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Good morning everyone!!

Temp outside is 61*F currently, though its due to rise to 96*F. 😳

I slept poorly, probably due to me not using melatonin at nights lately, and also due to gluten-transfer onto my dinner utensils—I’ve gotten lazy lately about keeping table cleaned off.

Yesterday was busy, 2 oil changes, plus 3 extra trips to town to take care of forgotten errands. Dh growled at me over the cost of getting his truck oil changed AND a new fuel filter — he’s not around to take care of it and I guess he thought I could negotiate prices like he does. I did think it was a bit steep but I. DON’T. REALLY. KNOW. About stuff like he does... SHEESH!!! 😡

Today will likely be a short grocery shop (should have done it yesterday, oops), and a tire shop call, and maybe visit, about getting tires rotated. I may meet up with my friend to pick Free pears at snother friend’s house, But I Don't Want to Can Any (shhh don't tell hubby, he thinks I live to can & preserve food, but I’m too tired to care anymore — I just don't have energy to spare).

Otherwise, I need to complete quilt top for Family Reunion next week - we all draw in our Family’s squares then auction it off. Then I need to find my sloppy joe recipe and buy ingredients for it — also need to contact Dsil about what they want to contribute to our shared meal, or if they want to pay me and I’ll buy everything (I prefer the first option as I HATE asking people for $$ owed me).

Today’s chores are as above plus usual laundry washed & hung outside (or inside travel trailer if rains are threatening like yesterday) on drying racks; wash canned beets & haul to food storage room, clean off kitchen counters, feed/water assorted critters, and clean bathrooms-just found a tip for cleaning toilets with Listerine that I want to try out. I also need to spot clean dd7’s mattress & floor... if I have enough time.

Ds10 has scouts at 9:30am and Ds15 has a service project at 10am, so girls & I will be alone for a couple of hours.

Frugal entertainment will be sewing on quilts, listening to YouTube while putting away yesterday’s clean laundry, knitting a bit on a washcloth to match yesterday’s completed crocheted hotpad while watching a Netflix episode, Or reading in another CJ BOX Joe Pickett book (am on the 3rd or 4th one now).

First of all, I should go for a short walk & should have gone an hour ago, but my bed is sooo comfy. 😁

Thawed deer steaks for dinner tonight, sides will be made on the spot from pantry staples.

Happy Wednesday everyone, and may the day be good for you!!!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Nothing going as planned so thought I would do a quick check in and see if it sticks.
So many times I try to post and the ads will start flipping around and the post is gone sending me back to the check in page.

Tried to mow...the lever for making the gas go is either stuck or ??? can't make the engine/mower blade speed increase. The fiancé will be back soon so he will tinker with it. Perfect time to mow but , oh well....

I will do some small picky things here in the house, need to boil some eggs, have eggs that need washed, boxed and put away.

Off to do something,
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Very frustrated with lack of respect. The dentist office just called to reschedule my appointment, because the crown wasn't ready. I could have understood if the dentist was not well. They wanted tomorrow. I have Vestibular therapy then. I made it for next week.

at 9 am I have to call the agency that helps me with rides to see if I can get a ride for next week.

Penny
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Small update:

Just got back from my walk. Along the way, about a quarter of a mile up the road, a friendly little dog came out to greet me. He followed me a little ways, then I thought he had turned back to his house. I kept walking to the half mile point, then turned and came back. The sun was in my eyes so I couldn’t see very well. I did hear a thump from two cars racing past me up the road before I turned around. Then I saw why, someone had hit the friend a little brown and gray spotted dog. He was still breathing when I came past, though there was blood coming out of his mouth. I went back to the house where I had seen him come out the driveway, pounded on their door to no answer. There’s a travel trailer in their driveway, that I could hear music coming from. I knocked on the door, explain the reason for disturbing them, and ask that he conveyed the message to his neighbors about their dog being hit. While I stood there and talked to him, two other carloads of people stopped, looked at the dog then came back to us, and asked how they could help the owners of the dog, whom had had still not emerged from the house yet.

This just makes me feel soooo sad!!😢😢 I said a little prayer for the dog as I walked home.

Back to the realities of my own life now, but I’ll be trying to be more vigilant about keeping my eyes wide open for others’ pets in the road.