Daily Check in July 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in July 19, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:20 am Hi folks ...
Sunny and 68 here ... hopefully some rain overnight. We've had nothing in my area.
Haven't been around for a bit (and Flordacat, thanks for asking about me :) My back has been giving me some issues, and there's been stuff going on at home.

Anyway, keeping busy. Garden is starting to produce now ... which means I need to get some stuff out of the freezer to make room.
Have been caulking, painting woodwork in the main bathroom. Got sidetracked by another issue. Late last week, Little Girl slipped into the linen closet to sleep and got shut in. She woke me up with her yelling at 4:30 a.m., but I apparently didn't get her out in time :shock: So had to do some emergency laundry and cleaning. And of course, the woodwork in there needs some attention, too.
DH is out doing tournaments, so I have lots and lots of time to myself ;) Taking car in for an oil change this morning. May pop over to Fresh Thyme for blueberries later. May also pick up a rotisserie chicken for a dinner or two.
Nice to see you. I hope your back is feeling better. Don't get so busy that you get those problems back again.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:12 am Hi everyone,
I guess I failed to check in yesterday. I am getting ready to head off for the houseboat weekend. I will be picked up in about 2 hours. I feel like such a pack rat. But hey...

Last night DS2 texted asking if I wanted to walk the mall with him. He went shopping with his friend/former girlfriend at the Outlet Mall for a college wardrobe. Since working at the formal wear shop he has gotten a bit interested in what he is wearing. So he is striking a balance between comfort and looking neat & pulled together. He already has a birthday(Sept) list started of boots, a sweater, etc. He has been communicating with his roommate and they are going to bunk their beds. So he seems to be on a great path.

Have a great day, Talk to you Sunday,
Maggie
Maggie enjoy your get away. You deserve it.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

darn spammers are back

what do they get out of that?
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 am Good morning all
Slept okay
The boys had to go out so I got up and made my coffee.

It is strange to hear people say they dont' drink coffee. Kind of wish I didn't either sometimes, but hey it helps wake me up.

Nothing big planned today. Have to take care of a lot of little chores around here. Get ready for tomorrow. Having a fundraiser.

Hope that goes well.

Have a great day
I LOVE coffee ice cream, but I have never had a cup of coffee in my life. :D

I was born in 1950 and I remember all of the coffee commercials, where the problem was that it seemed to be impossible to make a decent cup of coffee, so at a young age I decided that it was more trouble then it was worth. :roll:

IC
rinty

Post by rinty »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:20 am Hi folks ...
Sunny and 68 here ... hopefully some rain overnight. We've had nothing in my area.
Haven't been around for a bit (and Flordacat, thanks for asking about me :) My back has been giving me some issues, and there's been stuff going on at home.

Anyway, keeping busy. Garden is starting to produce now ... which means I need to get some stuff out of the freezer to make room.
Have been caulking, painting woodwork in the main bathroom. Got sidetracked by another issue. Late last week, Little Girl slipped into the linen closet to sleep and got shut in. She woke me up with her yelling at 4:30 a.m., but I apparently didn't get her out in time :shock: So had to do some emergency laundry and cleaning. And of course, the woodwork in there needs some attention, too.
DH is out doing tournaments, so I have lots and lots of time to myself ;) Taking car in for an oil change this morning. May pop over to Fresh Thyme for blueberries later. May also pick up a rotisserie chicken for a dinner or two.
Glad to see a post from you LWolf hope things get better for you.

Still plugging away at the TO DO list in a crazed manner...........I am sooooo tired. Work remains insane. There are not enough hours in the day and STILL theres too much left to do.

Blah.

On the bright side , student gifts and thank you letters in wobbly capitals :) Thus far a fair amount of chocolate, thanks kids !!!!!

Feet are killing me and DS paperwork pile continues to grow. I spent 2 1/2 hours in a meeting this week ( Tuesday) and more issues have raised their head since then...Oh, C'MON . Got a bill for £1000 in the post......tried to ring and dispute ( well, DUH ) but they had all gone home early. I dream of hurling all the paperwork in the air crying, " Okay, you win !". Maybe next year : )

Dinner will be something with courgettes...........thank you allotment. Tomatoes finally ripened too, anyway, it will be a veggie dinner.

Off to Get It done........
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Beautiful day in Tennessee, not a rain cloud in the sky so that makes me a happy camper. I was up early this morning at 8:00 to get to my 10:00 dental appointment on time. 6 months cleaning and everything was easy peasy and no pain involved. I love my dentist as she makes things as painless as possible. She said I was doing a great job of flossing and brushing my teeth so that made it worth the effort that I put in to it.

I left her office and went to Kroger's to pick up fresh fruit and produce. Did get me another couple of bottles of the new white inexpensive wine that DD and I like. Picked up a great buy on sirloin steaks for the grill. We will have them one night in the near future. I don't use the grill a lot cooking for myself. I should it's on the patio and would keep my kitchen cooler.

10 days until I get to see Mr. B, but who's counting???? LOL He and I are.

I got my ice-cream chairs spray painted last night and should get the table done tonight. Just a few more pieces and my patio furniture will have it's new coat of paint for the season. It has sure taken me long enough to finish the job. Just couldn't get it done with all the rain.

Needless to say I haven't done any housework today so the rest of the afternoon I will spend cleaning and washing my bed sheets. How I do love the smell of freshly laundered sheets on my bed. I will vacuum my bedroom, make the bed, swish the bathroom toilets and clean the sinks. I gave the shower a good cleaning after I took my shower this morning. With drying it after every use it has really taken a lot of the hard work out of cleaning it every couple of weeks. Stays fresh and shiny with no sign of mildew in a crack. In the South that is a problem with the high humidity and if something is left wet.

Well, off to get something accomplished and I hope that all of you have a wonderful day.

Clem, I think they must get paid to post all this junk on our board. I find it hard to believe that they would target a frugal board, they have to know that we'd be some of the most unlikely customers for what they are selling ever. Such a waste of Jackie's time to have to clean it up everyday. Thanks Jackie.

Maggie, do have a wonderful trip as you deserve every minute of it. Your DS has grown into a fine young man and I know how proud you are of him.