Daily Check in July 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in July 19, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:30 am
clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 am Good morning all
Slept okay
The boys had to go out so I got up and made my coffee.

It is strange to hear people say they dont' drink coffee. Kind of wish I didn't either sometimes, but hey it helps wake me up.

Nothing big planned today. Have to take care of a lot of little chores around here. Get ready for tomorrow. Having a fundraiser.

Hope that goes well.

Have a great day
I LOVE coffee ice cream, but I have never had a cup of coffee in my life. :D

I was born in 1950 and I remember all of the coffee commercials, where the problem was that it seemed to be impossible to make a decent cup of coffee, so at a young age I decided that it was more trouble then it was worth. :roll:

IC
I didn't start drinking coffee until i was 30. My second husband made me a caffeine addict!! Current SO doens't drink coffee. I miss the partner coffee drinking ritual. I have a Keurig and buy the biodegradable pods. French Roast so it is nice and strong.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 am Good morning all
Slept okay
The boys had to go out so I got up and made my coffee.

It is strange to hear people say they dont' drink coffee. Kind of wish I didn't either sometimes, but hey it helps wake me up.

Nothing big planned today. Have to take care of a lot of little chores around here. Get ready for tomorrow. Having a fundraiser.

Hope that goes well.

Have a great day
Hi Clem~ Count me in on the "I don't drink coffee" list! Never have. My Mom used to drink a whole pot by herself....every day.
So...I could never really tell if I was making a decent pot of coffee for anyone. So....I bought "myself" the gift of a Kureg. Now it is everyone for themselves...let's me off the hook!!! I LOVE the thing...:)
I also order the biodegradable pods.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I don’t drink coffee, either. I often say I’m meeting a friend for coffee, but for me it’s usually iced tea.

But like IC, I LOVE coffee ice cream.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I like coffee everything: drinks, candy, ice cream. Heck, I used to make a chocolate mocha layer cake and ice it with coffee buttercream icing. I hated coffee growing up and didn't drink it until I was 31 and had a bottle-fed baby who never slept. Coffee kept me from falling on my face.

Hi, frugals. We have been having a lot of rain here in my part of Tennessee. I drove home the other afternoon in the most amazing, frog-strangling downpour. The streets began flooding and I crept along in my little car getting hit by sheets of water from people who don't drive to suit the road conditions.

Monday I saw the neuro-eye doctor again, and my eyes have not improved any more in the past two months. So I have to have some more tests done. Yesterday I had a return of side effects from the brain drug and woke up at 7 a.m. just ridiculously sick. Should have stayed home, but I had too much work to do at the office and I struggled in about a half hour late. Next time, I will definitely stay home. It was a long, miserable day.

Still keeping on keeping on with the daily frugalities, though.
Mackie
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon,
My vehicles are all thirsty so I drove the van to Costco to fill up and pick up a few needed items. even though I did not leave here until 9:00 there were still no gas lines so I only had to wait a few minutes to pull up. I came in just in time to put everything away and now the heat is settling in for the day. Mid 90's thru the weekend and then triple digit temps are forecast the rest of the month.

Tomorrow I have a dental appointment at 9:00 so I will leave here around 8. I will take the SUV to gas up at Sams Club and then head over to the dentist. After that I need to go to Kaiser for my TB test for work, Then next week depending on the day and time for reading my results I will gas up the Corolla probably at Sams Club and pick up a few things there. I hope I can get there early.

I am trying to get all of my running around done this week and very early so I can avoid the heat. My part time yard duty job starts mid August and while I will be glad to be working a couple of days a week I don't like the thought of more triple digit temps. This month I have done very well cutting expenses with more cuts to cme soon.

Bev
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:48 pm I like coffee everything: drinks, candy, ice cream. Heck, I used to make a chocolate mocha layer cake and ice it with coffee buttercream icing. I hated coffee growing up and didn't drink it until I was 31 and had a bottle-fed baby who never slept. Coffee kept me from falling on my face.

Hi, frugals. We have been having a lot of rain here in my part of Tennessee. I drove home the other afternoon in the most amazing, frog-strangling downpour. The streets began flooding and I crept along in my little car getting hit by sheets of water from people who don't drive to suit the road conditions.

Monday I saw the neuro-eye doctor again, and my eyes have not improved any more in the past two months. So I have to have some more tests done. Yesterday I had a return of side effects from the brain drug and woke up at 7 a.m. just ridiculously sick. Should have stayed home, but I had too much work to do at the office and I struggled in about a half hour late. Next time, I will definitely stay home. It was a long, miserable day.

Still keeping on keeping on with the daily frugalities, though.
Mackie, I am so sorry that you are having ongoing problems with your eyes and I hope that your doctor can find some answers. This might sound odd, but would you consider giving up your job and staying home for six months or so to see if stress reduction might help. I will put you in my prayers.