Daily Check in July 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in July 19, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning.. We have a cool morning around 65 F with storms in the forecast.

Nothing special planned other than cooking ahead.. Not sure yet what but I do have a lot of food to work with. I recently found a book in my cookbook collection called Cooking Light for Two.. I am going to use it to cook some of my meals. It covers all areas of menu's and you use only small amounts of ingredients/foods.. It will give me more variety and I will not have a lot of leftovers to deal with and try to find a place to store in the freezer.

Have a good and frugal day and stay cool. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:12 am Hi everyone,
I guess I failed to check in yesterday. I am getting ready to head off for the houseboat weekend. I will be picked up in about 2 hours. I feel like such a pack rat. But hey...

Last night DS2 texted asking if I wanted to walk the mall with him. He went shopping with his friend/former girlfriend at the Outlet Mall for a college wardrobe. Since working at the formal wear shop he has gotten a bit interested in what he is wearing. So he is striking a balance between comfort and looking neat & pulled together. He already has a birthday(Sept) list started of boots, a sweater, etc. He has been communicating with his roommate and they are going to bunk their beds. So he seems to be on a great path.

Have a great day, Talk to you Sunday,
Maggie
Maggie, Have a fantastic vacation! Exciting times ahead for DS2...:)
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

It is sunny and pleasantly cool so far this morning, afternoon is supposed to heat up again.

I was able to mow yesterday after the fiancé tinkered with the mower. Glad that is done. Last night he told me one of his customers wants him to spray heavy duty weed killer on a bunch of hostas and then dig them out. He is instead going to dig out and bring them to me. I can find people to take them. He has a lot of customers that just rip, tear and poison plants because they are tired of them. Blows my mind. I already have takers lined up.

I have the fridge torn apart, to defrost and scrub it out. After that is completed I will do floors.
Seriously thinking about getting my hair cut again, it is back down to my bra line and it needs some sort of shape. When it gets this long all I can do with it is ponytail or braid. I am so tender headed that both give me headaches. I need to be able to pull it back in the heat because my head sweats. I also have to pull it back when I am cooking, don't want o find a stray hair in food....eewwww
Fridge scrub cloths and floor cleaning cloths will be my load of laundry for this afternoon.
Off to get busy again.
JCKitty
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Hi folks ...
Sunny and 68 here ... hopefully some rain overnight. We've had nothing in my area.
Haven't been around for a bit (and Flordacat, thanks for asking about me :) My back has been giving me some issues, and there's been stuff going on at home.

Anyway, keeping busy. Garden is starting to produce now ... which means I need to get some stuff out of the freezer to make room.
Have been caulking, painting woodwork in the main bathroom. Got sidetracked by another issue. Late last week, Little Girl slipped into the linen closet to sleep and got shut in. She woke me up with her yelling at 4:30 a.m., but I apparently didn't get her out in time :shock: So had to do some emergency laundry and cleaning. And of course, the woodwork in there needs some attention, too.
DH is out doing tournaments, so I have lots and lots of time to myself ;) Taking car in for an oil change this morning. May pop over to Fresh Thyme for blueberries later. May also pick up a rotisserie chicken for a dinner or two.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am groggy and headachy this morning, did not sleep well at all last night. I tossed and turned trying to get comfortable. I think there might be a change in weather coming and not a good one the way I am feeling.

Today should be a bit more laid back than the last couple. I have no where to go, no where I need to be, and can sit here at home and get homey tasks completed. Something I haven't been able to do in awhile. I even plan on getting some extra cleaning done around here (I started work on organizing my cupboards a bit ago but never finished, today could be the day). Perhaps if I tire myself out I will be able to sleep better, or at least stop the hamster from running constantly on that wheel in my mind.

I finished knitting my wrap for the wedding reception on Saturday night, and there is enough yarn left to perhaps make a belt.... If I want to wear it that night as an accessory to my dress I better get started on it now. I guess this means no excuse next week, sewing here I come. So much to do project wise that at times it seems overwhelming. I really need to rethink the "have lots of projects on the go so I don't get bored" mentality I have had lately.

Frugally speaking the usual will be carried on with. I do have some more inner cardboard tubes from toilet paper and paper towel (my friend saves hers for me) and they need to be cut. I will be making some cute little toques (winter beanies) to use as Christmas decorations on one of the trees this year. This will also use up some of the smaller bits of yarn I have saved up. I really want to stick to the nothing goes to waste challenge I gave myself at the beginning of the year.

I do like my new haircut and my head feels so very much lighter. Now if I can just remember to make an appointment every two months for a trim....Dang now I remember why I don't get short cuts anymore (but it does look and feel great).

I need to get out for my walk shortly while it is still reasonably cool and then perhaps some work in the garden. Need to see what should be harvested and dehydrated.

Supper this evening is going to be leftover stroganoff. I think I will make a cucumber salad to go along. Hubby seems to be finding lots of cukes in the garden.

Today I am grateful for fans to help keep us cool in the evening.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jckitty wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:14 am Good morning all,

It is sunny and pleasantly cool so far this morning, afternoon is supposed to heat up again.

I was able to mow yesterday after the fiancé tinkered with the mower. Glad that is done. Last night he told me one of his customers wants him to spray heavy duty weed killer on a bunch of hostas and then dig them out. He is instead going to dig out and bring them to me. I can find people to take them. He has a lot of customers that just rip, tear and poison plants because they are tired of them. Blows my mind. I already have takers lined up.

I have the fridge torn apart, to defrost and scrub it out. After that is completed I will do floors.
Seriously thinking about getting my hair cut again, it is back down to my bra line and it needs some sort of shape. When it gets this long all I can do with it is ponytail or braid. I am so tender headed that both give me headaches. I need to be able to pull it back in the heat because my head sweats. I also have to pull it back when I am cooking, don't want o find a stray hair in food....eewwww
Fridge scrub cloths and floor cleaning cloths will be my load of laundry for this afternoon.
Off to get busy again.
JCKitty
Yep those were the main reasons I ended up cutting my hair yesterday. As I said to the stylist my hair was getting into everything and clogging the tub drain according to Hubby.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/