Daily Check in July 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in July 19, 2018

Post by floridacatlover » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Just back home from doing some watering at mom’s house. I read something on Google News while I was there that has made me so furious. I have such anger that I struggle to control. I took a Xanax when I got home.

Why are mean people admired?

I’ll try to de stress.

P.S. One of these days the Secret Sevice may show up at my door. I don’t care. No kids or grandkids.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:21 pm

floridacatlover wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:00 pm
MackerelCat wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:48 pm
I like coffee everything: drinks, candy, ice cream. Heck, I used to make a chocolate mocha layer cake and ice it with coffee buttercream icing. I hated coffee growing up and didn't drink it until I was 31 and had a bottle-fed baby who never slept. Coffee kept me from falling on my face.

Hi, frugals. We have been having a lot of rain here in my part of Tennessee. I drove home the other afternoon in the most amazing, frog-strangling downpour. The streets began flooding and I crept along in my little car getting hit by sheets of water from people who don't drive to suit the road conditions.

Monday I saw the neuro-eye doctor again, and my eyes have not improved any more in the past two months. So I have to have some more tests done. Yesterday I had a return of side effects from the brain drug and woke up at 7 a.m. just ridiculously sick. Should have stayed home, but I had too much work to do at the office and I struggled in about a half hour late. Next time, I will definitely stay home. It was a long, miserable day.

Still keeping on keeping on with the daily frugalities, though.
Mackie, I am so sorry that you are having ongoing problems with your eyes and I hope that your doctor can find some answers. This might sound odd, but would you consider giving up your job and staying home for six months or so to see if stress reduction might help. I will put you in my prayers.
That might be a good idea, my "Sunday" friend has cancer and is going on Perm disability, I can hear the stress that has been lifted off of her shoulders.

The Chemo (SP?) drug that she is on has her sleeping 12 plus hours a day.

I hope that you may think about it.

IC

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:58 pm

I do a lot better with more time to rest, but DH and I are still paying off our house. So I have to work about three more years.

I would not be able to claim disability unless the disorder progresses to blindness, which we are working hard to keep from happening. The doctor thinks it will take two or three years for me to recover, if the medication works as it should. If needed, they can do surgeries, but that is down the road a ways.
Mackie

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:13 pm

I had Therapy this morning. I had to rush a bit to make sure I was ready. Now I just wait for Comfort Care to call me to tell me they will be here soon. After therapy I had to wait for about an hour for my ride home.

Today has been a vey hot day. This weekend will be even hotter. With Monday’s high forecast to be 106º.

Therapy this morning was exhausting. I came home and heated up lunch then took a nap.

I have made my shopping list for Tomorrow. My list is short. Mostly produce, I did a big stock up last week.

Penny