Daily check in July 20, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in July 20, 2018

Post by clemencia2us » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Little miss I had the same thing yesterday. It was so yummy.

Of course I didn't make it - we went out to eat. But is was so much, I had enough left over for the COD to eat too.

And we did great on the fundraiser. The best ever. It was hot out there, but we made almost 2000 dollars!!! All profit. We have to replenish our funds. We've been purchasing some big ticket items for our new library.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:57 pm

clemencia2us wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:25 pm
Little miss I had the same thing yesterday. It was so yummy.

Of course I didn't make it - we went out to eat. But is was so much, I had enough left over for the COD to eat too.

And we did great on the fundraiser. The best ever. It was hot out there, but we made almost 2000 dollars!!! All profit. We have to replenish our funds. We've been purchasing some big ticket items for our new library.
Wow Clem, congratulations on a successful fund raiser. That is fantastic.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:01 pm

littlemiss63 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:44 pm
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Floridacat, for your mental health turn that TV off and take yourself a break. I can't tell you how much better I feel mentally from doing it. I know how hard it is to do and sometimes I feel uninformed about what is going on in the world, but it was depressing me and even tho I know Yahoo may have lots of drivel, at least when I sit down at the computer I can read what I want to without it blaring in my ear all day over and over. I was able to follow the Tai Soccer team rescue without having to listen to all the other garbage. I've even refrained myself from making comments about certain things that I feel are unfair, like Harry and Megan being criticized for showing affection in public. I know that Royalty has certain protocol to follow, but for goodness sake it's a breath of fresh air for me to see two people that crazy about each other. It may not last forever, but I love the two of them together. They alluded to the fact that Queen Elizabeth & Phillip have never never showed any display of affection towards each other in public. That has nothing to do with now. Harry isn't, nor will he ever be King unless a terrible tragedy should strike so leave them alone, that is my opinion.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
LittleMiss, I don’t watch TV news for the most part and haven’t for quite awhile. The only exception is the PBS NewsHour once in awhile. But I so see the news online. The Helsinki Summit and some things that happened yesterday made me finally decide to take action. Out nation’s democracy is too important to ignore.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:28 pm

floridacatlover wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:01 pm
littlemiss63 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:44 pm
LittleMiss, I don’t watch TV news for the most part and haven’t for quite awhile. The only exception is the PBS NewsHour once in awhile. But I so see the news online. The Helsinki Summit and some things that happened yesterday made me finally decide to take action. Out nation’s democracy is too important to ignore.

FloridaCat, do what you have to do to keep yourself ok. I know nothing about guns and would probably end up shooting myself if I owned one. I will have to face the consequences of not owning one for I am to afraid of them to have one in my home. We are living in troubled times for sure.