Daily Check in July 26, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in July 26, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We are having decent weather for our area with a possible storm later on..Yesterday I went out and picked up the yard from the last storm. That was the one that hit Iowa so hard. I had not realized it until I went how many dead branches and sticks were down..

This morning after taking the trash over my to my brother's house took Teddi for his weekly ride..He always get so excited when we get in the car and just going next door is not a ride.. So we take a circle around route and came home. Then I tackled the front rocked garden area. It is a jungle out there. I have had landscapers and contractors in over the years.. There are 5 layers of rock and 5 layers of weed barriers out there. The last time a portion of it I had bricks put down with sand in the cracks and the weeds still grow and grow and grow. I even had a young man come in several years in a row and he took the bricks up and pulled the weeds and more weed barrier and nothing stops them. I will not use Roundup.. I am going to try some natural weed killer like Dawn and vinegar.. need to look the recipe up again.

Doing a lot of cooking from scratch..I enjoy doing it but a lot of work with the cooking and the clean up. My aide could do it but I like to do my own cooking. I do a lot of the dishes but she will do them when she is here on her 4 day work week..
Have a good day..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Janet, Dog lOVED rides, BB just shakes in the car. If I would take Dog on a ride just around the black he was not happy :roll: everyday I would try to think of somewhere to go so that he could have a ride, enjoy Teddi.

Good morning,

Getting ready, still, for my pool party on 8/12/2018, just tring to deal with clutter and not just move it around, as some of you may know, it's harder then it seems.

I'm hoping that "The charity people " will come by before the party, or I will have to put the bags of stuff into the garage. If I have to put the stuff into the garage then I have to deal with it twice. Around here, we get cards letting us know when they will be in the neighborhood.

An old dear friend called yesterday, she will be in the state next month and wants to come over 8/7/2018. We have been friends since we were 11 years old . I've been to her house and everything is always neat and clean, not how I live at all. Well, the good part of that is that I will have to move a it faster, UNG :roll:

IC

blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

good afternoon everyone. beautiful day in buffalo ny!

going to pick up my csa share soon. getting a lot of fresh organic produce. really enjoying it and making some new recipes too.

I have had little luck with curbside finds. my timing must be off. I know those goodies are out there.

cj

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:34 pm
Janet, Dog lOVED rides, BB just shakes in the car. If I would take Dog on a ride just around the black he was not happy :roll: everyday I would try to think of somewhere to go so that he could have a ride, enjoy Teddi.

Good morning,

Getting ready, still, for my pool party on 8/12/2018, just tring to deal with clutter and not just move it around, as some of you may know, it's harder then it seems.

I'm hoping that "The charity people " will come by before the party, or I will have to put the bags of stuff into the garage. If I have to put the stuff into the garage then I have to deal with it twice. Around here, we get cards letting us know when they will be in the neighborhood.

An old dear friend called yesterday, she will be in the state next month and wants to come over 8/7/2018. We have been friends since we were 11 years old . I've been to her house and everything is always neat and clean, not how I live at all. Well, the good part of that is that I will have to move a it faster, UNG :roll:

IC
IC I do enjoy Teddi especially since he likes to go for rides.. As soon as I picked up my purse or keys Allie would run down in to the basement...she hated to go for rides.With Teddi as soon as I put on my shoes he starts to dance around..One day he was standing on his back legs and hopping backwards just so he could keep an eye on me I guess he was afraid he was not going to go with me...lol.

Good luck with your party arrangements. There is so much work involved.. I use to love to have people over but now it is just too much for me to deal with.. So glad you are working towards having your pool party. Looking forward to hearing how things go. Enjoy!

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

blondeinbuffalo wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:41 pm
good afternoon everyone. beautiful day in buffalo ny!

going to pick up my csa share soon. getting a lot of fresh organic produce. really enjoying it and making some new recipes too.

I have had little luck with curbside finds. my timing must be off. I know those goodies are out there.

cj
Hi cj.. Good to hear from you. I use to see a counselor and her office was in her home.. She had the most interesting things and she said their house was about 90% curb finds.. I wish I could have found some of the things that she did..Keep looking.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Late Afternoon Everyone,

Dark clouds in the sky so I know what is coming, we can't seem to put many non-rainy days anymore. I have had a very nice nonproductive day, but who cares. I worked so hard a few weeks ago until I worked myself out of a job. LOL

I have been trying to develop a new habit of not pulling off a piece of clothing without either hanging it back up or placing in the clothes hamper, if needed. It has worked wonders for my housekeeping. Also, I stop at the back door and go through the mail, if it's not important I put it through the shredder that I placed in a handy place in my garage on the opposite side of the door that I enter through into the main house. Don't know why I didn't think of it years ago. I don't even bother to look at catalogs as it makes me want to spend money, so into the trash they go.

I like my Coldwater Creek one as it gives me ideas of how to coordinate clothing that I already have. I am not tempted to buy tops for $60.00 and many dresses at $100.00 a piece. There are a couple of skirts that I may try to sew up for myself for Winter that are basic looking and I should be able to find similar materials at JoAnn's. $80.00 for an A-line skirt is to rich for my blood too. Skirts with elastic in the bands are to simple to make, some of them pictured don't even have zippers in them.

Talked to my brother last night and he's doing really well after his surgery, sore and not real hungry, but he will get over those two things quickly. As usual we knew the sister-in-law would act up, but I had honestly thought that by him basically getting a new lease on life it might change her. She's right back to fussing about everything he does or says and I want to choke her. She was complaining last night to me by text that she had to find time to clean house and get caught up on the laundry, but couldn't because she was taking care of him and I told her that I'd be glad to pay for someone to come in and clean for her until he gets well. She turned me down, but maybe that is one less thing she will complain about to my sister. My sister lives in the same town with them and she was going to take dinner tonight and D told her that she didn't want her to bring it tonight that they were both to tired to eat. My sister told her to just call her when they got hungry and she would have something there in an hour. She said she already had some of it cooking and she's freezing it and will thaw out and take when needed. She hates my sister and would do anything to cause an issue for her. Sis said on the day of the surgery that she had to almost bite her tongue off not to react to the way she treated her. She doesn't do that to my face, if so I would probably be on her list too.

I am reading the nicest book now Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill, the secret service agent who guarded her when Kennedy was president.

Well, I should probably get up from here and do a load of laundry and putter a little to feel like I've not wasted an entire day doing nothing. After reading what all of your accomplish, I fall into that "Hard Down Lazy Category".

CJ, so good to see your post and I had wondered how you were adapting to retirement, sounds like you are doing just fine.

JCKitty, somehow I missed that you were having cataract surgery too. I will be looking forward to hearing about your experience before I have mine. I am not the least bit nervous at this point, but may get that way the closer it gets. I go for my first consultation with the surgeon on August 23rd.

Everyone have a fabulous rest of the day.