Daily Check in Aug 7, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily Check in Aug 7, 2018

Post by colonialgirl » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Hello frugals -
Not a frugal day today as we had a plumber out to replace the ring on our downstairs bathroom toilet. It is a tiny room and hubs would have no room to lift and so I talked him into calling a pro rather doing it himself. Maybe I have finally convinced him it is not worth it to save a little money and risk doing damage to his hip replacements. He sure is having a hard time accepting he cannot physically do what he used to do.

I am doing nothing today as I fell last night. I am undamaged and it was totally my own fault. I keep a high stool in my kitchen to ease standing on my knees and I went to sit down while cooking supper and didn't look and only hit the edge of the stool. Down on the floor I went luckily falling onto my well padded bottom. However today I am so bruised and so sore I can hardly get around. So a little leftover codeine from my dental procedure and a ton of aspercreme are helping me function a little. You know, you fall all of the time when you are a little kid and as an adult you forget how badly it hurts when you do so as an adult.

Hubs is out getting deli for dinner - so roast beef sandwiches and chips and bean salad for dinner. I will embroider a little bit tonight and probably will head back to bed early. It seems the more I rest, the less I hurt. Did manage to get a couple of loads of laundry done today. Cleaners came yesterday so I have a clean house, changed beds and I am almost caught up on the laundry, so this is a good week so far even with the slow down from the fall.

Enough whining from the prairie. Hope you all are having a great day and looking forward to a good frugal one tomorrow. CG

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:38 pm

wowo - sounds painful CG

I was thinking maybe getting one of those stoves that is lowered for people in wheel chairs? You can set a regular chair close to it.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:37 pm

colonialgirl wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:31 pm
Hello frugals -
Not a frugal day today as we had a plumber out to replace the ring on our downstairs bathroom toilet. It is a tiny room and hubs would have no room to lift and so I talked him into calling a pro rather doing it himself. Maybe I have finally convinced him it is not worth it to save a little money and risk doing damage to his hip replacements. He sure is having a hard time accepting he cannot physically do what he used to do.

I am doing nothing today as I fell last night. I am undamaged and it was totally my own fault. I keep a high stool in my kitchen to ease standing on my knees and I went to sit down while cooking supper and didn't look and only hit the edge of the stool. Down on the floor I went luckily falling onto my well padded bottom. However today I am so bruised and so sore I can hardly get around. So a little leftover codeine from my dental procedure and a ton of aspercreme are helping me function a little. You know, you fall all of the time when you are a little kid and as an adult you forget how badly it hurts when you do so as an adult.

Hubs is out getting deli for dinner - so roast beef sandwiches and chips and bean salad for dinner. I will embroider a little bit tonight and probably will head back to bed early. It seems the more I rest, the less I hurt. Did manage to get a couple of loads of laundry done today. Cleaners came yesterday so I have a clean house, changed beds and I am almost caught up on the laundry, so this is a good week so far even with the slow down from the fall.

Enough whining from the prairie. Hope you all are having a great day and looking forward to a good frugal one tomorrow. CG
Hope you heal quickly. I am still finding bruises from when I fell off the ladder. Remember that sometimes injuries take awhile to develop.