My children are driving me crazy-VENT

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

My children are driving me crazy-VENT

Post by gaylejackson2 »

My children are driving me crazy with their incessant bickering, shouting, screaming, demands for snacks or to watch TV, , etc. Ds15 is among the worst and he winds up ds10 and the girls.

ARGH!!! I want to blame this-on their screen time, but perhaps it's also because Dh isn't here this week.

Whatever it is, I’m on the verge of shrieking at my children!! I want out for awhile.
clemencia2us

Re: My children are driving me crazy-VENT

Post by clemencia2us »

We drove my mom crazy, but when we got older we all would laugh about it.

Hope it all works out. Take a breather.
rinty

Post by rinty »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 pm My children are driving me crazy with their incessant bickering, shouting, screaming, demands for snacks or to watch TV, , etc. Ds15 is among the worst and he winds up ds10 and the girls.

ARGH!!! I want to blame this-on their screen time, but perhaps it's also because Dh isn't here this week.

Whatever it is, I’m on the verge of shrieking at my children!! I want out for awhile.
Oh dear, (((hugs))) anyway. Can you swop out the kids for playdates with some her mums ????

World of difference in the kids ages and what they will want, the big kids do need CHILLAXING time in the school holidays, the little kids just wanna be entertained full time. Take the littles out and let the two oldest sleep and drape themselves over furniture with their phones/other stuff.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:12 am
gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 pm My children are driving me crazy with their incessant bickering, shouting, screaming, demands for snacks or to watch TV, , etc. Ds15 is among the worst and he winds up ds10 and the girls.

Oh dear, (((hugs))) anyway. Can you swop out the kids for playdates with some her mums ????

World of difference in the kids ages and what they will want, the big kids do need CHILLAXING time in the school holidays, the little kids just wanna be entertained full time. Take the littles out and let the two oldest sleep and drape themselves over furniture with their phones/other stuff.
I sent the biggest boy out to walk the dog, dd5 insisted on going along (they walked to the high school 1-1/2 miles away & back); 2nd boy stayed home to have me help him order stuff from Amazon for his birthday (which I semi-botched, but got it straightened out eventually), 3rd boy & 1st daughter rode bikes in backyard -- They ALL grumbled over Mom's meanness, and got to go to bed at 9:40 for their complaints.

All 3 boys have electronic devices (laptops for bigger boys & a Kindle Fire for ds10), but they were being quite nasty to each other, their sisters & I, that at 1 pm I told them to put them away for the rest of the day... hence part of the reason why I was going crazy, because they wanted them back, but bickered with everyone instead. (I haven't given my bigger boys fancier phones other than the most basic flip phones that make you really work to send a text message. :D)
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

I can relate a bit. DS is fussing over snacks (this is after having had lunch + ice cream cone) and saying he is bored. Now he is playing a video game so I can take a break.

Neighborhood swimming pool and park visits (early in the day when it isn't so hot) have been a saving grace for me.

But if DH is gone, yes, that puts it all on you. Hang in there.

frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

I think kids just drive us crazy! I like to watch the Radford family on YOutube and she has like 20 kids-sheesh that dh is patient! I would have snapped already lol just with the chaos and cooking dinner for that many people every single day! Maybe watch it and laugh about it and think I have only 5- I can handle this lol!

My two older kids used to fight and now they are the best of friends as they got older. Now my two younger kids bicker like that- I tell them they will be the best friends one day just like their siblings are now-they seriously doubt it they tell me! Funny thing is they each want attention from me,no matter how old they are! Just close your eyes and take deep breaths and think "and this too shall pass..." (sometimes I add, "but NOT quickly enough! Sheesh!").

What I also do is when they start bickering or getting bored, I tell them you must have time to fight so you must be BORED! I tell them the cure for boredom is MORE CHORES to keep them busy!!! And I give the worst chores when they bicker,like cleaning the toilet or washing out the garbage cans to keep them busy and they grumble but have to do it! So anymore arguing-usually they keep quiet after a few chores!