Aug 10, 2018 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Aug 10, 2018 Daily Check-in

Post by MackerelCat »

In other news, I did housecleaning, laundry and grocery shopping today. Also took a few things by the Salvation Army and did some shopping at CVS. Used coupons there to save $13.06.

Have been aiming for a $75 grocery bill and managed $86 today. So it is getting there. I am using up stuff from the freezer to make my work lunches because I am not picky. Wish DS and DH were not, but I gave it decades of trying without them changing.
Mackie
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Afternoon friends,

I slept for perhaps 3 maybe 4 hours this morning, but awoke feeling more energetic that I have for the rest of the week (I’m funny that way, have been all my adult life). So I started running on chores & errands:

I’ve washed & hung 3 loads of clothes & towels, 4th load is washing. I picked up ds15 & brought him home for a nap (after his night at fire-fighter-feeding camp); 2 hours later I took ds13 off to work for an hour- while I got dd5’s Kindergarten registration iron out AND got her onto a bus route that we really don't qualify for; then picked ds13 up & swapped books at library, then went to eye Dr to make appointments for all 3 boys, then home. :shock:

I’m out of energy now. Good thing dh just came home & offered to cook dinner for us- I told him my recipe for chcken & potato casserole and left him to it. He did shred ALL 5 chicken breasts (enough for 3-4 meals), but there are 2 pans of casserole so I’m opting to-not care too much. (I can buy and cook more chicken next week for ds13’s birthday Enchiladas.)

I’m just going to lean back and maybe nap or read a bit. I feel exceptionally tired and weak/dizzy just now.

Today I’m thankful I got much done, AND that dh is home even if he has to go right back up there tomorrow.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:18 pm Dixon Ticonderoga pencils have always been the best. Years ago I interviewed the CEO in the Orlando area. But now the company is owned by an Italian company so who knows.
Ticonderoga pencils are what I buy for my children (24/$2.99 this week at my grocery store). They last longer and the lead doesnt break as much.

They also have fat pencils that I buy for my children when they are in Kindergarten & 1st grade.