Aug 10, 2018 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Aug 10, 2018 Daily Check-in

Post by clemencia2us »

Another bright sunny day

I'm feeling whiny this morning. My internet is acting up. Used my phone as a hotspot for a bit. Internet working now, but can't get to all sites. Wah - hate having to have it looked at.

Then for some reason this school supply issue really irritates me. 100 pencils? Who uses a hundred pencils in one year? Weren't the kids playing some pencil breaking game a few years back? Does this encourage that.

I buy supplies to donate but do not do it with a loving heart - so I'm sad :cry:

Whine, whine, whine. At least i'm not having open heart surgery like a classmate. Scary.

Hope y'all have at least a good day.
rinty

Post by rinty »

I want to see Christopher Robin !

AS it is we are going to see The Meg :shock:

DS is home , he is obviously un-nerving some of the carers. Hence the " we can't ask him to do/for X stuff". If he says NO it turns into an "issue".

I asked him for X, he pitched a mini fit ( which I ignored ) and he got X. I may well have given the carer The Side Eye at this point ( why is there no side eye emoticon when you need one ?

ANYWAY he's home now !!!!

Grandbabies passed back to their parents, we had a lovely week.

I have accomplished a fair few things from The List and its been an inexpensive week so I am calling this week a winner.

I won £10 in a hospice lottery I do, we got umpteen vaieties of veg from the allotment , not forgetting the FREE blackberries and we are eating out of a £ a day meals book. Nice meals too, last night was pasta with a homemade( homegrown) tomato sauce with sardines. Its was VERY good indeed.

Too much to do to piddle on the internet..........I was supposed to be checking cinema times and bashing off some more emails.

Lovely cool weather, 2 loads of laundry done. DH washed all the floors whilst I got DS, he is being domestic (chores !!!) whilst I do The Meg. I'll iron later.

Dinner is Fridge Gleanings which will def be a nice mixed salad with ??????. Maybe a homemda quiche with courgettes (awash with courgettes )

Clem you need to escape, girl.............
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Sorry to see that gun violence has made its way to Canada. Maybe Canada should build a Wall.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Morning Friends. Mercy - I was up at 3:30 a.m. on my day off!! Oh well, I puttered around and got some things accomplished.

A guy came to take trash out of my garage this morning (see trash post) and then I took a car load (a very FULL car load) of stuff to the Salvation Army and donated it all!

Just random stuff - most of it useless junk to me - that ex left behind and a few things that were mine - 5 books, 3 dvd movies, a pair of slacks, a couple of old cell phones, a charging dock for an ipad, 3 kids games, 6 old mirrors, a weed eater, a leaf blower and other miscellaneous. I suppose I could have had a yard sale - but for convenience sake, I will take the tax credit instead.

Then took a couple things to the dry cleaner, mailed out some things at the post office. I have made a "to do" list - I keep adding things and crossing things off as they get done. I am parked at the library for now - going to do some "work for pay" for a couple of hours and then head home for a NAP.

This is my evening to walk the dogs. I don't do it every day as my knee isn't completely healed yet - just so grateful that I can do it at all. I hope you are all well and have an enjoyable upcoming weekend!

~~ S ~~
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 am Sorry to see that gun violence has made its way to Canada. Maybe Canada should build a Wall.
We thought about doing a privacy hedge....but wouldn't want to block out the nicer neighbours to our south. :lol:
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My second appointment was exhausting, I was in the chair over an hour. After the appointment we drove through Wendy’s and got a small frosty. Thus the decision was made for me to go to my daughter’s just in case.

I had a good night at my daughter’s, I feel asleep about 8 pm and woke up at 3 am. I wasn’t able to go asleep again. So I read for about an hour and a half. I then went to sleep again for about an hour and half.

My daughter brought me home, I had breakfast. Took a walk and when I got home I took a shower and dressed in fresh clothes.

Penny