AARP??

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
GMPG54

Re: AARP??

Post by GMPG54 »

There's a small discount at Danny's if you go there for a meal.
I of my friends used it if we happen to be out.
Another friend had their Medicare supplement and it seemed to be quite good,her copays for IT were covered by it but I think it was pricey.
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

That's supposed to be Dennys and PT,sorry
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

GMPG54 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:20 am That's supposed to be Dennys and PT,sorry
Thank you for the info!!
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:28 am Does anyone have an AARP membership? I have a chance to get one for $12 for a year. What discounts have you gotten that you were really able to benefit from? I don't want to shell out $12 and just get a magazine in the mail.

But - if there are discounts I will really use, that is different. I'm going to look on the website - buy my frugal friends are the BEST source of info. Thank you!
If you dont want mail from them every week, don’t buy it. I got the free Walgreens scription and 2 yrs later still get mail from them, mostly advertising their insurance.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

ownedbydogs wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:39 pm
2dogs+someCats wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:28 am Does anyone have an AARP membership? I have a chance to get one for $12 for a year. What discounts have you gotten that you were really able to benefit from? I don't want to shell out $12 and just get a magazine in the mail.

But - if there are discounts I will really use, that is different. I'm going to look on the website - buy my frugal friends are the BEST source of info. Thank you!
If you dont want mail from them every week, don’t buy it. I got the free Walgreens scription and 2 yrs later still get mail from them, mostly advertising their insurance.
Thank you for the heads up - I hate junk mail - such a waste!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:56 am
ownedbydogs wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Thank you for the heads up - I hate junk mail - such a waste!
Since you are under age 65, I don’t think you have to worry about insurance advertisements. I never got any of that.