A senior who needs help; a clueless person trying to find some

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: A senior who needs help; a clueless person trying to find some

Post by Quilter51 »

Is she a widow? If so, she can get her Social security at sixty. If not, what you are looking to do most likely is get her to 62 (yes, its not optimum to take SS early but in cases like this woman and my sister it is literally life saving).
2dogs+someCats

Re: A senior who needs help; a clueless person trying to find some

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

ohjodi wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:56 pm
2dogs+someCats wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:30 pm A Community Action Agency may be able to provide some programming or services to assist. Go here https://okacaa.org/agencies/ to research the one in her area.
Community Action is great! That's where I go for my energy assistance. They also do the meals on wheels, a food bank, and other programs like helping people get into school.

When I was a kid, that's where we got our awesome GOVERNMENT CHEESE! The US doesn't distribute food commodities, anymore.
Back when I had my own day care business we got government cheese, peanut butter, etc. - qualifying just because I had a day care. I now work for Community Action - I have been an administrative assistant, operated a couple of programs (Summer Lunches for Kids and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) and now work in Human Resources. I'm a big fan too!