Daily Check in Aug 14, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
NoisyPorkchop

Re: Daily Check in Aug 14, 2018

Post by NoisyPorkchop »

Good morning,
Glad to be back! My big projects for today is to get hubby to help me put together an attractive wooden stand with two shelves/drawers that I want to place in front of my picture window and put plants on. My two little plants are currently suffering on a coffee table at the back of the living room. One looks so sad and pasty and pale I hope the little guy makes it. Once the stand is put together I can then put my little stereo on the lower shelf and make proper room for the TV that the stereo is hogging space with.

I also have my eye on working on the spare bedroom/home office. I have been itching to get a new desk that I spotted at Staples several weeks ago. My current desk is all open and has papers piled piled on top in stacks and no private place to put it. The new desk has closing doors and places to tuck away papers and make it neat and clean. We also scored a tall four-door locking metal file cabinet for only $20.00 at the local Union Gospel Mission so no I can take all my very private papers and file them away properly in the cabinet and lock it all when I have a guest using the room. I want the room to be welcoming for someone who wants to visit us (my adult kids who live in other states, my BIL who lives in Minnesota) but also has to house my computer, printer and personal paperwork all in such a way that curious eyes can't be temped to peek, if you know what I mean.

It is supposed to be a scorcher the next few days with temps up in the very high 90's. Thankfully the mornings have been cool and slightly overcast so I take advantage of opening the windows for fresh air while I can get it before the sun burns off the cloud cover and cooks us all and forces me to turn on the AC later in the day. The heat has really messed with my menu planning as our BBQ grill died and needs some parts and I have had to cook indoors which really heats up the house. I have a note to order the grill parts today and, well, hopefully get them on the grill before the weather changes and it suddenly becomes Fall :lol:

I am off to make my morning cup of tea and get rolling for the day. Lots to do and I would rather do all of this while it is cool outside and I am motivated. Take care all and frugal on :)
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Up and busy, trying to get ahold of home insurance company....I have replaced and paid for everything ruined in the lightning strike, saving the receipts but now we are thinking the water heater was affected and I am not eating the cost for that also. We shall see how this goes.

The tree that needs to come down is going to have to come down the expensive way....huge truck crane as when the climber went up it, turns out about 25 feet in the air, huge cracks and it's too dangerous to ask someone to take that risk. The fiancé is helping me deal with this and he is trying to keep costs in line but...I refuse to put some one in danger. I feel like I am hemorrhaging money.

Floors were cleaned yesterday, only dusting them today.
Spaghetti with sauce for supper...
Off to try to make sense of things happening around me, LOL
Have a great day all,
JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

itspennyc wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:28 am I think my grandson had a good visit yesterday. We made Scotty dog shaped cookies with the disc in my cookie gun. I sent home about 2 full cookie sheets home with him.

I also gave him the tiny Houndeye I had knit him. He seemed to like it.

This morning I made oatmeal blueberry muffins. They are in the oven. When they are ready I will eat breakfast.

I have a PT evaluation for the arthritis in my shoulder. The vestibular therapy exercises is what made it start hurting.

Penny
Penny, I love making press cookies with my granddaughters. I have never done the scotty dog though.....my youngest GD would LOVE that one.
We will have to try it!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:34 am Good morning all,

Up and busy, trying to get ahold of home insurance company....I have replaced and paid for everything ruined in the lightning strike, saving the receipts but now we are thinking the water heater was affected and I am not eating the cost for that also. We shall see how this goes.

The tree that needs to come down is going to have to come down the expensive way....huge truck crane as when the climber went up it, turns out about 25 feet in the air, huge cracks and it's too dangerous to ask someone to take that risk. The fiancé is helping me deal with this and he is trying to keep costs in line but...I refuse to put some one in danger. I feel like I am hemorrhaging money.

Floors were cleaned yesterday, only dusting them today.
Spaghetti with sauce for supper...
Off to try to make sense of things happening around me, LOL
Have a great day all,
JCKitty
Kitty, I feel your pain! I had to have a large maple tree taken down at my Mom's house that I co own with my sister. $2000. It was dangerously rotting...couldn't do it ourselves.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Expecting yet more heavy rain here today. We are under a flood watch.
I am SO looking forward to Fall.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

nice day - slightly cloudy - not as warm

I slept well. Still having strange dreams

I'm outside pulling sticker weeds from the front lawn. Those things are a pain. And the best thing is to pull them out by the roots. Don't know if y'all have these where y'all live.

I've already filled up one tote bag. Taking a break. Drinking some water and relaxing.