Daily Check in Aug 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Aug 16, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

I’m looking at it from a standpoint that he is an adult and if he wants to go, HE should be ready and willing to make all the arrangements. Or allow someone to make the arrangements without being a PITA.

It just seemed to me that he was sort of told that he could not go.

And if he does it and goes, but then hates it, Then hopefully he learned his lesson?
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:00 pm I’m looking at it from a standpoint that he is an adult and if he wants to go, HE should be ready and willing to make all the arrangements. Or allow someone to make the arrangements without being a PITA.

And if he does it and goes, but then hates it, Then hopefully he learned his lesson?
That would be true for you or me. But DG’s husband is close to being an invalid from what she has said about him. I don’t think she ever wanted to go on the trip (not getting along with his relatives) but I can’t see him going on his own and maybe she truly realizes he couldn’t handle it. It doesn’t sound to me like he was in any way being a PITA. Sounds like they’ve reached a compromise to plan a trip to Houston instead.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:01 pm
clemencia2us wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:00 pm I’m looking at it from a standpoint that he is an adult and if he wants to go, HE should be ready and willing to make all the arrangements. Or allow someone to make the arrangements without being a PITA.

That would be true for you or me. But DG’s husband is close to being an invalid from what she has said about him. I don’t think she ever wanted to go on the trip (not getting along with his relatives) but I can’t see him going on his own and maybe she truly realizes he couldn’t handle it. It doesn’t sound to me like he was in any way being a PITA. Sounds like they’ve reached a compromise to plan a trip to Houston instead.
But Floridacatlover, DGflorida often leaves him at home to fend for himself while she travels. Just thinking that if he is good enough to be able to look after himself for the week or two she is gone, he could probably travel with a bit of help.

Me, if my Hubby was that sick, I would not leave him for any length of time no matter how much I would love to travel. The reverse is true as well. If I was too sick to travel (or too infirm) my Hubby would not leave me at home for any length of time either.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:32 pm

But Floridacatlover, DGflorida often leaves him at home to fend for himself while she travels. Just thinking that if he is good enough to be able to look after himself for the week or two she is gone, he could probably travel with a bit of help.

Me, if my Hubby was that sick, I would not leave him for any length of time no matter how much I would love to travel. The reverse is true as well. If I was too sick to travel (or too infirm) my Hubby would not leave me at home for any length of time either.
Well thinking about my mom, she was able to live alone and could have traveled if really necessary. Of course we went to the hotel during Irma. But I know that a long trip would have been difficult and tiring.

I agree completely about not leaving an ill loved one, however. That is why I didn't travel for so many years. Not about money whatsoever for me. My friends used to say I could hire a temporary caregiver or have mom go to respite care but I just couldn't. I would have felt totally guilty and worried the whole time. (I can barely leave my cat!) It surprised me when I first read when DG left her husband home alone when he can barely get around.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Being home alone in a place that you are familiar with and comfortable in is different than flying from what amounts to going from one coast to another and then to get on a huge cruise ship is a different thing altogether. My Mom took a lot of cruises after she retired and she said there were times when it was really horrible due to rough weather. She said her Stewart was wonderful bringing things to her room to try to help her get over her seasickness but it did not help that much. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

yes - when the COD had his procedure for prostate cancer, I cancelled a trip. He was fine, but you never know. We aren't even married or "committed" in any way. He was okay and told me to go, but he was a little sore, so I just gave my ticket to someone else.