Canning supply deals

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Canning supply deals

Post by LWolfT »

Just thought I'd mention this.
If you're looking for canning supplies, it might be a good time to pick up some at discount.
Made a quick trip to the supermarket this morning (boy, am I trying to put off doing any work ;) ) and saw that canning jars, pectin, pickling mixes, etc. were on markdown. Found a set of 12 quart jars with lids for $3!
alliesmama4

Re: Canning supply deals

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:05 am Just thought I'd mention this.
If you're looking for canning supplies, it might be a good time to pick up some at discount.
Made a quick trip to the supermarket this morning (boy, am I trying to put off doing any work ;) ) and saw that canning jars, pectin, pickling mixes, etc. were on markdown. Found a set of 12 quart jars with lids for $3!
Wolf that was a great bargain. Glad you were able to get it.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:20 pm Wolf that was a great bargain. Glad you were able to get it.
Janet Alliesmama
I was delighted to find it. Just sorry they didn't have some pint jar rings (I think that's what they're called ... the screw-on portion.)
DH was puzzled as to why I bought them. I explained that canning jars have more uses than just for canning ;) (not to mention that I want to try another batch of pickles ... maybe with a tad less salt.)
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:40 am
alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:20 pm Wolf that was a great bargain. Glad you were able to get it.
Janet Alliesmama
I was delighted to find it. Just sorry they didn't have some pint jar rings (I think that's what they're called ... the screw-on portion.)
DH was puzzled as to why I bought them. I explained that canning jars have more uses than just for canning ;) (not to mention that I want to try another batch of pickles ... maybe with a tad less salt.)
I store a lot of things in my canning jars ie open up bags of beans, rice, sugar, flour etc.. Makes for better safe storage. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

LWolfT wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:40 am
Janet Alliesmama
There were some good coupons for Ball products in the newspapers last Sunday too. Anyone wanting - I would be happy to mail them to you - I won't use them.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

They won't discount canning supplies in my area until late October or early November. People here will can until hard frosts come.