Bread machine question

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
GMPG54

Bread machine question

Post by GMPG54 »

I scored a Magic Chef at my thrift store for 3.00
Does anyone have a recipe or a site I can go to so I can use this,my entire life has been bread from the store so its a bit like learning to walk,lol
Im attempting to do gluten free in order to help the auto immune condition I have.
Thanks in advance.
alliesmama4

Re: Bread machine question

Post by alliesmama4 »

GMPG54 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:34 pm I scored a Magic Chef at my thrift store for 3.00
Does anyone have a recipe or a site I can go to so I can use this,my entire life has been bread from the store so its a bit like learning to walk,lol
Im attempting to do gluten free in order to help the auto immune condition I have.
Thanks in advance.
I have been gluten free since 2007. There are several good places on line to get recipes for gluten free foods.. Nicole Hunn on" Gluten Free on a Shoestring" is amazing. I have bought several of her books and you can find recipes for the most amazing things on line at her site. King Arthur Flour has gluten free recipes..You really have to be careful since there is so much hidden gluten in foods you cannot imagine. Read all labels for ingredients and all gluten is not labeled as "gluten"! I had been gluten free for about a year and decided to treat myself to a cappuccino moolatte from Dairy Queen. I was drinking it in my car and before I arrived home I had severe chest pains.. That is one of my trigger areas. After going on line found out the only moolatte that does not contain gluten is the cappucino one. So why the pain? They use gluten in the whipped topping.. So as long as I leave off the whipped topping I can have a moolatte. Another time had an Asian chicken salad and developed severe pain. I had not paid much attention to the fact that soy sauce contains wheat... What the heck? Who would think to look on the label. So if you have used soy sauce in the past look for Tamari.. It is identical, at least in my opinion, and no wheat. The list goes on and on of hidden gluten..Good luck.. Hope you can find what you are looking for.. My DB had gone gluten free as well and is doing well with his nerve degeneration disease.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

GMPG54 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:34 pm I scored a Magic Chef at my thrift store for 3.00
Thanks in advance.
Get the model # off the machine and do a search on line of make and model. You may be able to come up with a free manual for it to tell you how to operate it. I didn't get as good a deal as you did but about 6 years ago I got one for $10.00 and it's worked great for me every since. Any bread recipe works in it with a little adapting.
Last edited by littlemiss63 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

I don't know if it has gluten-free recipes (or perhaps you can adapt), but http://www.breadworld.com/recipes/categ ... ad-Machine has a lot of good recipes.
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Thankyou,ladies,great tips!
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Go here to find and download the user manual for your machine

https://mcappliance.com/manuals

And then here are tons of gluten free bread machine recipes.
ohjodi