Bread machine question

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: Bread machine question

Post by Sandy »

GMPG54 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:34 pm I scored a Magic Chef at my thrift store for 3.00
Does anyone have a recipe or a site I can go to so I can use this,my entire life has been bread from the store so its a bit like learning to walk,lol
Im attempting to do gluten free in order to help the auto immune condition I have.
Thanks in advance.
Google Magic Chef bread maker manuals. After that page comes up, find the one for your model.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:38 pm
GMPG54 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:34 pm I scored a Magic Chef at my thrift store for 3.00
Does anyone have a recipe or a site I can go to so I can use this,my entire life has been bread from the store so its a bit like learning to walk,lol
Im attempting to do gluten free in order to help the auto immune condition I have.
Thanks in advance.
Get the model # off the machine and do a search on line of make and model. You may be able to come up with a free manual for it to tell you how to operate it. I didn't get as good a deal as you did but about 6 years ago I got one for $10.00 and it's worked great for me every since. Any bread recipe works in it with a little adapting.
I have a bread maker and a counter top ice maker for sale in my town's online "garage sale" and I printed out instruction manuals for both from online. All those things are available online now.

The ice maker wasn't too bad, 12 pages. The bread maker, however, 48 with recipes and everything, lol.
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Yikes! !!!
Thanks so much
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Thanks in advance.
https://www.mamaknowsglutenfree.com/hom ... ree-bread/
This recipe is very similar to the one that I use in my bread machine. I do like that this one has dairy-free options too. I don't have a gluten-free option on my machine, I just use the "quick" option of 2 hours 19 minutes.

Regarding gluten-free, Janet has given you lots of good information. She is right about gluten being hidden in so many foods; since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease (it's also auto-immune) in Nov 2015, I have had to research out what foods I can eat. I've found that if I read the labels, and even if gluten/wheat is NOT mentioned, it could still have some if I see "Modified Food Starch," or "Artificial Flavors," and most Especially "NATURAL FLAVORS" mentioned on the label -- those signify wheat or gluten in such small amounts that they don't have specify it on the label. Even IF, I don't see these 3 phrases, OR any mention of wheat/gluten, sometimes I won't buy it -- I'm sensitive enough that the slightest trace makes my symptoms flare like crazy.
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Thankyou,everyone,for the tips and advice!