Daily Check-In, Sept. 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check-In, Sept. 8, 2018

Post by jckitty »

Mackie,
there was no wind or storms when this tree fell last night either.....weird.
You are a wonderful friend to send that blender, what terribly sad circumstances .
Bless you,

JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

We have had problems in our area when there has been a lot of rain and tree roots are shallow.. They become top heavy and keel over.

Mackie what a sweet and kind thing to do for your friend.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:28 am Hello everyone,

This will be quick because I got up late. Can’t miss the free breakfast!

Kitty, I’m glad that your eye tests were good. I do have glaucoma and take the same Rx but only in one eye so have lopsided lashes without mascara! That Rx is expensive depending on insurance so check out the mfg. website. There is a program called Openings that gives a good discount for everyone, not need based.

I had a great day yesterday. Met the church secretary at the bus stop and we drove to my great great grandparents church. Really lovely inside and out. Then we went to the village where great great grandfather’s sister lived and found the house. Caroline, the church secretary suggested a very cute cafe there for coffee. She was a lot of fun. Oh and the day was sunny and warm, too.

I toured around the main town on my own. Several cute streets with individual artisan shops. VERY steep hills on the streets which have cobblestones. A really nice area.

I enjoyed the bus ride to and from Bath. Very scenic. One way on the bus I chatted with a nice man from South Africa who had moved to England.

I’m meeting Rinty today! I’ll give her hugs from all of you. Fingers crossed for no rain.
FCL,

I'm excited for you getting to meet Rinty. Have fun in England!!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello everyone,

We've got a storm passing overhead, sadly little chance of rain for us, that is making me ache. My foot w/ the broken toe aches but I think that is due to me not wearing my special shoe last night because I wanted to wear my boots instead. :roll: OOPS!!

Only things I have planned for today is figure out some dinner (maybe leftover chicken), and finish my laundry. Also knit & read with foot propped up. Maybe sew a few more block pieces together.

I got my utility bills all paid yesterday, and grocery shop completed, coming in under my goal of $100... was $94.10 due to 4/$8 deals on cereal &granola bars,giving free gallon of milk per each 4 items bought under participating deal; I bought 8, so 2 of my 4 gallons was "free." Oh, just remembered I forgot to buy cat food!! :( I think we have enough dry until Monday, and I have cans too.

I wrote all my subbing jobs for next 3 months on wall calendar, 4 this week, 2 the next, then 7 in October, and 1 in November so far. I did 2 subbing jobs last week too. I'm VERY Thankful for having the SubAlert app on my phone, without it, I would NOT have very many subbing jobs.

The washer has stopped so I need to go put my pants on drying racks, and get girls' clothes washing too. I can sew on quilt blocks while washer is filling.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hiya All,

Back from Bath after meeting up FCL......we had a LOVELY day, we were saying we really do know each other already with the forum and its a shame we can't all get together. Thanks for all the hugs that FCL passed on.

Met up and recognised each other immediately ( which was PRETTY GOOD given that I'd said would be wearing a green dress and turned up in jeans, anorak and hiking boots...............caved and went for comfort instead ) ;)

I'll say it now as I said it to FCL, I was SO grateful to meet her this week because we all share things that really matter to us so it was already out there how things are going here with DS. I didn't need to EXPLAIN and it was BRILLIANT to have such a fun, relaxing time to make it all go away with a friend, so thanks again, FCL. A real life as well as internet pal now.

We did some history and visited the Roman Baths before an amazing VERY LONG and chatty lunch at a fab Lebanese restaurant. That poor waiter. ;) To my shame FCL was showing ME around, she did all the iPhone stuff and I followed.

Really lovely day.............

Home to DH who spent the day making lemon curd from those bags of 10p yellow sticker lemons so the house smells lovely. Thnaks so much, once more FCL, for a really great day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, what a lovely day! So glad you could relax and enjoy with FCL.
Mackie