Daily Check-In, Sept. 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-In, Sept. 8, 2018

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all again and a special hello to Rinty.

I second everything she said. We had so much fun and many hugs.

Rinty greeted me with a birthday gift of lovely edibles - shortbread in a Union Jack tin, a McVities Jaffa Cake, cocktail jellies, chocolate (which she bought for me in Bath) and Yes —— Marmite! I’m already eating the chocolate. Thank you again, Rinty!

We had such a nice day at the Roman Baths and tasted the special “healing” sulfer water. Rinty said Yuck but I didn’t think it was that bad. We had our chatty lunch at the beautiful, very colorful Lebanese restaurant and showed family photos to each other.

It was overcast and cool but no rain. I’ve been so lucky with the weather.

So I think I’m now an honorary Brit because I just finished watching the very popular BBC program know throughout the country as “Strictly.” It is Strictly Come Dancing, the program that inspired Dancing with the Stars. Of course I didn’t know any of the Stars or the Dancers but Bruno was the one familiar face.

Tomorrow will be a long day. I’m planning to take the bus tour of Bath in the late morning. Then late afternoon I’ll take the train to Gatwick Airport. (I don’t fly home until Monday morning.) I’m staying tomorrow night at a hotel right in Gatwick.

Most likely I won’t post again until I’m home. It’s been such a great trip. Thanks to all who let me give my travel diary here.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:24 pm Hello all again and a special hello to Rinty.

Rinty greeted me with a birthday gift of lovely edibles - shortbread in a Union Jack tin, a McVities Jaffa Cake, cocktail jellies, chocolate (which she bought for me in Bath) and Yes —— Marmite! I’m already eating the chocolate. Thank you again, Rinty!

We had such a nice day at the Roman Baths and tasted the special “healing” sulfer water. Rinty said Yuck but I didn’t think it was that bad. We had our chatty lunch at the beautiful, very colorful Lebanese restaurant and showed family photos to each other.

So I think I’m now an honorary Brit because I just finished watching the very popular BBC program know throughout the country as “Strictly.” It is Strictly Come Dancing, the program that inspired Dancing with the Stars. Of course I didn’t know any of the Stars or the Dancers but Bruno was the one familiar face.

Tomorrow will be a long day. I’m planning to take the bus tour of Bath in the late morning. Then late afternoon I’ll take the train to Gatwick Airport. (I don’t fly home until Monday morning.) I’m staying tomorrow night at a hotel right in Gatwick.

Most likely I won’t post again until I’m home. It’s been such a great trip. Thanks to all who let me give my travel diary here.
Sounds like you had a lovely day together, for which I am delighted. May you enjoy your bus tour of Bath.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Update:

I got my laundry washed, and hung on racks. I Did Not put anything else into wash, as I decided it could all wait until Monday or Tuesday... littles have enough clothes for now.

I didn't knit or read... I Did read LOTS of blogs via Pinterest, and I found some lovely knitting patterns as well as other interesting bits, some of which I have shared here on the MFH forum.

Dinner tonight was Chicken Noodle Stew.... chicken & noodles were leftover from previous meals, then I added frozen veggies. I have enough leftover for another family meal, and I'll use it for my lunches this week too.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:24 pm Hello all again and a special hello to Rinty.

FCL and Rinty so happy that the two of you met and had such a lovely time together..FC wishing you a safe trip home and Rinty hugs and kudos to you for always being such a kind, sweet, and thoughtful woman.You are amazing to take the time out of your busy day and difficulties to share such a lovely day with FCL. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
rinty

Post by rinty »

Janet, its the other way around. I was so grateful to FCL , it was great to have a "time out " and just have a bit of fun but also with someone who knows ( cos I rant INCESSANTLY on the forum ) what we are going thru with DS. It could all go unsaid, I didn't need to explain myself and we had such a laugh.

She did look cold, mind you ;) English weather in September can be a bit BRISK especially if you are from Florida and used to those temps !

Hope you are well Janet. Are you and Colonial Girl meeting up, did I read that right ? Say hi from me and chivvy her to post more !
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:05 am Janet, its the other way around. I was so grateful to FCL , it was great to have a "time out " and just have a bit of fun but also with someone who knows ( cos I rant INCESSANTLY on the forum ) what we are going thru with DS. It could all go unsaid, I didn't need to explain myself and we had such a laugh.

She did look cold, mind you ;) English weather in September can be a bit BRISK especially if you are from Florida and used to those temps !

Hope you are well Janet. Are you and Colonial Girl meeting up, did I read that right ? Say hi from me and chivvy her to post more !
Rinty Colonial Girl and I have talked about meeting but have not done so yet. I personally do not tolerate heat well and neither does she. So to me it was not even an option to talk about meeting until the summer heat breaks. I am hoping once Fall weather arrives we can meet... I think we might be about an hour and 20 to 30 min apart from each other. With her DH being so ill recently I am sure she needs to work up her energy to a meeting. I would love to get together some time this Fall.. As I tell my NP (nurse practitioner ) I am doing well for the shape I am in..lol. So glad that you both had a lovely day together.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama