Daily Check-In, Sept. 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-In, Sept. 8, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:33 pm Hiya All,

Back from Bath after meeting up FCL......we had a LOVELY day, we were saying we really do know each other already with the forum and its a shame we can't all get together. Thanks for all the hugs that FCL passed on.

Met up and recognised each other immediately ( which was PRETTY GOOD given that I'd said would be wearing a green dress and turned up in jeans, anorak and hiking boots...............caved and went for comfort instead ) ;)

I'll say it now as I said it to FCL, I was SO grateful to meet her this week because we all share things that really matter to us so it was already out there how things are going here with DS. I didn't need to EXPLAIN and it was BRILLIANT to have such a fun, relaxing time to make it all go away with a friend, so thanks again, FCL. A real life as well as internet pal now.

We did some history and visited the Roman Baths before an amazing VERY LONG and chatty lunch at a fab Lebanese restaurant. That poor waiter. ;) To my shame FCL was showing ME around, she did all the iPhone stuff and I followed.

Really lovely day.............

Home to DH who spent the day making lemon curd from those bags of 10p yellow sticker lemons so the house smells lovely. Thnaks so much, once more FCL, for a really great day.
While we were visiting the Tower your lovely DH looked at mine and said "Are you sure they only just met?" Little do they know how we get to know eachother so very well on the forum.

So glad you had a lovely relaxing day.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-In, Sept. 8, 2018

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:26 am Good Morning,

Just got a text from a friend, she has a new phone and is having trouble setting it up. So I will meet her for breakfast and try to help her with it. Then I will head to Mom and Dad's for laundry. It is cool and rainy, supposed to be all weekend.

Maybe I'll get more packing done. Last night I ran out and did some shopping and walking. I got some new smaller underwear and a pair of black pants. I had this fear the weather would change and I would be caught without fall clothes that fit. Now I am not so worried.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, You are always so kind...always helping friends and family with their electronics.