Daily Check-In, Sept. 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-In, Sept. 8, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is a chilly 64 with rain...lots of rain from Gordon. Flood warnings out for the Mississippi river starting on Sunday for the foreseeable future. Other surrounding areas have had flash flood warnings. I love cold rainy days so I am in heaven. This is a nice taste of Fall wish it would last.

Not much planned just cooking and puttering around the house..

Florida cat so happy to hear you are having such a lovely time in the UK and the people have been so nice to you.. Give Rinty a big hug from me.. She is an amazing woman.. Hope to meet her some day.

DG Florida.. I am severely lacking in B-12 and have to have B-12 shots at least once a month and sometimes weekly. My Dr told me I can take all of the B-12 pills I want but if the gut does not have the component that is needed to process it it is a waste of money.. Your neighbor might be better off asking her Dr to do a test and then let him/her advise her accordingly.. KatieOwl had problems and was not sure what was going on. I advised her to look in to B-12. She has to have regular B-12 shots now. You sound like you have a medical background or are you just self educated in medical problems? Either way you sound like you are able to help people as well as yourself.

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good soggy morning all,

Slept in and it felt wonderful.
Chickens are fed and watered. Yardwork will not be happening today....very wet and soggy. It's okay, i can find plenty to do.

Last night after eating pizza and visiting at the big dining room table we moved into the sun room and were sprawled on various chairs and sofas....littlest grand on the floor playing with her doll house when....oldest grand looking out of window says "there's a tree falling".
DD2 grabbed youngest grand...hustled her to door way the rest of us moving and looking out windows when it hit the ground! Huge tree fell from across the creek to the area that the tree i just had cut down is laying. 20 foot from the sunroom. We could feel the house shake on impact.

We went out to look. it is the top 65-70' of the tree from across the creek about 30 ft of the trunk still standing. Another mess but....no one hurt and no damage to anything but the yard. I have not idea how to get it out of the creek, will leave that to the fiance. Fun times....but free firewood, so score on that.

Need to figure out supper for dad, thaw meat and etc.
Was supposed to do some yard sale picking today but it is raining and Dd has cramps so that's out.... might be a day to watch movies and veg out.
At least the horrific heat isn't around for the day...off to read and then get semi busy.
FloridaCat thanks for the heads up on drug costs, The eye lash growing med was only 2.00 with my insurance but the other was pricey...the pharmacy tech found an online coupon that brought it down 65 dollars so i will be doing research.
Have a great day all,
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

that is why I hate trees - lol

One fell on our house and carport a few years ago. What a pain.

If they stay smallish - okay - too big - no thanks.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

spoke too soon, clouds are back

but the boys got their dog treat delivery this morning!
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Morning All. Much cooler today - the heat wave has said so long for now.

I have been busy this morning putzing about the house and now a quick stop at the Library before running some other errands. My first breakfast of peanut butter toast was at 6:00-ish, followed by a second of oatmeal with peanuts and raisins at 8:30-ish. I am getting hungry for lunch which will be leftover pasta with tomato sauce and leftover brussels sprouts.

I have a code for a free Redbox movie - so yay! I will be picking that up and enjoying it this evening. More work on my kitchen re-do today as well.

Have a good weekend!

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT, that is happening here too. I received four calls from people I'd never heard of returning a call from my number.

I slept right through it, but DH told me a huge tree fell from another yard and crushed the back of our neighbors' house this morning. Fire, police and an ambulance were there, but we don't know anything yet.. There was no wind or rain, so we are wondering if someone was taking down the tree and was negligent about felling it.

This is why we had our trees taken out, except for a tulip magnolia not large enough to do any harm.

Today I need to buy groceries and at least brush the dogs, if not give them a bath. Aside from the usual heartstopping trip to the grocery, it should be a frugal day.

I did spend $34 last night on Amazon to send a blender to a friend out West who most of her teeth extracted the past two weeks. Years of poverty ruined her mouth, and she will need blenderized food until she can get dentures. But that is kindness money and one should not skimp on things like that.
Mackie