Daily Check In September 9th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 9th

Post by Jackielou »

Good evening fellow frugalites,

Well we made it home and have gotten everything unpacked and put away...… Well almost everything. I just tuckered out and will put the rest away later.

I bought myself a new winter coat while in Jasper. Paid enough for the darn thing, but nobody else will have one like it, which is a good thing.

Shania was very happy to see us and is sticking pretty close. She looks healthy and well looked after.

My neighbour watered our plants and picked all the ripe tomatoes for us. I can see me making spaghetti sauce very soon (probably Tuesday).

My aunt phoned while we were gone and asked me to get in touch with her, so I did after picking up the mail. It turned out my other aunt fell and broke her femur and is in the hospital so I am planning to make a trip up there this week as well. These are my mother's sisters. The one that phoned is the oldest at 91, the other is the youngest and is in her 80's. Being around them makes me think I am with my mom. All of the sisters look so much alike.

I just have a few chores to do tomorrow and because we ate down the perishables I will need to go shopping a bit early. I also have a whole bunch of laundry to do and the first meeting of the Prayer Shawl group for the fall. Busy day ahead.

Well off to scrounge something for supper (probably a toasted bagel). Talk to you all again tomorrow.

Today I am grateful that I will be in my own bed.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Welcome back all of your lucky people who were able to go on vacation.. I use to love to travel but always looked forward to going home too.
It is wonderful that had the time to travel before we have to have a reality check with Winter on the far horizon.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:38 pm Hello all,

One more update from my trip. I’m at Gatwick Airport staying in an odd little hotel called the BLOC Hotel. I equate it to what I know of Japanese pod hotels. This hotel room isn’t quite that small but close - and I didn’t get the smallest room. It is ultra modern. In the room there is a Samsung tablet that controls the temperature, lights and window shade. (Took me awhile to figure this out.) The bed is full size and the towels are plush but the bathroom is almost like an airplane bathroom and the shower is part of the bathroom (a wet room). There are mirrors on many of the walls to make the room look larger but it is a bit confusing. This all isn’t bad, just odd.

My train trip from Bath on the other hand was a pain. First, on the leg from Bath my assigned seat did not exist but I did get a seat. I changed in Reading and that train was very crowded but did get a seat. Met a gal from South Africa who has a German passport who now lives and teaches in Scotland. Go figure. She was also going to the airport. For the last leg we had to take a bus because they are doing rail line repairs this weekend. Glad that part of my trip is over.

Before leaving Bath today I took two good bus tours that are part of the same ticket. First the city tour and then the skyline tour which I really enjoyed. £13 for both.

Rinty, just wanted to tell you that I had lunch at the M&S Cafe today. I looked around the store quite a bit and they have really nice things. I also looked around Debenhams but liked M&S much better.

I’ve had a great trip but I’m ready to go home.
Florida~ Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sorry I missed it...I am away and had no internet.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:47 pm Good evening fellow frugalites,

Well we made it home and have gotten everything unpacked and put away...… Well almost everything. I just tuckered out and will put the rest away later.

I bought myself a new winter coat while in Jasper. Paid enough for the darn thing, but nobody else will have one like it, which is a good thing.

Shania was very happy to see us and is sticking pretty close. She looks healthy and well looked after.

My neighbour watered our plants and picked all the ripe tomatoes for us. I can see me making spaghetti sauce very soon (probably Tuesday).

My aunt phoned while we were gone and asked me to get in touch with her, so I did after picking up the mail. It turned out my other aunt fell and broke her femur and is in the hospital so I am planning to make a trip up there this week as well. These are my mother's sisters. The one that phoned is the oldest at 91, the other is the youngest and is in her 80's. Being around them makes me think I am with my mom. All of the sisters look so much alike.

I just have a few chores to do tomorrow and because we ate down the perishables I will need to go shopping a bit early. I also have a whole bunch of laundry to do and the first meeting of the Prayer Shawl group for the fall. Busy day ahead.

Well off to scrounge something for supper (probably a toasted bagel). Talk to you all again tomorrow.

Today I am grateful that I will be in my own bed.
Jackie, Glad you are home safe and sound.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:26 pm had to look up pics of that hotel FloridaCatLover. Very interesting.

I remember the first time I saw one of those wet bathrooms - you called it?

I wondered, so the water just goes everywhere. This was at a hotel we were placed in when we first got to Sicily.
Yes, the water in the wet room bathroom went everywhere. The drain was all along the back wall which was mirrored. (When I first went in the tiny bathroom I thought there were two toilets because of the mirror. Very disorienting!)

The room door and bathroom door were both quiet - opened and closed without making a sound. So the whole hotel was super quiet. Bed was very comfortable.

There is a Hilton Hotel attached to Gatwick by a covered walkway (although I didn’t see it) and it is only £10 more than the BLOC Hotel. But I decided to try this quirky hotel and I’m glad I did and would stay there again.