Daily Check In September 9th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In September 9th

Post by clemencia2us »

JCKitty - let your son do this for you

You enjoy helping your dad - let him enjoy helping his mom. One big circle of life!
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

We'll be leaving for the airport very shortly to pick up youngest dd. She has been visiting a friend in Toronto for a few days. She's back today so she'll be able to go to work tomorrow.

There's a definite nip in the air now so fall has definitely arrived here. Thankfully no frost yet so the flowers and garden are still holding up well. Time to store away some of my summer clothes and shift some warmer stuff over. I worked on this in the morning. I also cleaned the ensuite bathroom and dusted our bedroom. It was a task past due! The bedroom now feels so much more airier.

Aside from picking up dd and spending a bit of money on parking, the rest of the day should be no spend and no drive. Yesterday I attended an Open Doors event that I enjoyed very much!

Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Overcast and still brutally humid in my part of Tennessee. A robocall woke me up fairly early, so there was time to sit on the sofa and drink coffee while planning the day and cuddling the dogs.

DS and I went to CVS and got free flu shots, then came home and I started cooking stuff for my work lunches. This week is a use-it-up meal of potato veggie soup, accompanied by cole slaw, boiled egg, iced tea and and a piece of fruit.

Had a food waste failure this week when two sweet potatoes and four little tomatoes went bad. Ugh, hate that.
Mackie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Raining like crazy here, but since it's my do nothing day that's ok. I love a slow rainy day with no wind just fine if I don't have to be out in it. Skipped church because of it, not walking when it's slippery out.

I am going to cheat and finish up my laundry from yesterday, just got tired and wanted to watch football instead. I only have one load and it's bath rugs and towels so that will be easy. I do have a basket of undies to put away, but I will be completely caught up when I get that done.

Enjoyed some Tyson Barbecued Chicken Tenders, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli for lunch. I have leftovers so will eat those for dinner as well.

Sounds like FloridaCat & Rinty had a great visit. I am so glad for both of them. FloridaCat, I have throughly enjoyed your travel diary.

Well there isn't a whole lot going on here so will wish everyone a wonderful Sunday and a great week.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all,

One more update from my trip. I’m at Gatwick Airport staying in an odd little hotel called the BLOC Hotel. I equate it to what I know of Japanese pod hotels. This hotel room isn’t quite that small but close - and I didn’t get the smallest room. It is ultra modern. In the room there is a Samsung tablet that controls the temperature, lights and window shade. (Took me awhile to figure this out.) The bed is full size and the towels are plush but the bathroom is almost like an airplane bathroom and the shower is part of the bathroom (a wet room). There are mirrors on many of the walls to make the room look larger but it is a bit confusing. This all isn’t bad, just odd.

My train trip from Bath on the other hand was a pain. First, on the leg from Bath my assigned seat did not exist but I did get a seat. I changed in Reading and that train was very crowded but did get a seat. Met a gal from South Africa who has a German passport who now lives and teaches in Scotland. Go figure. She was also going to the airport. For the last leg we had to take a bus because they are doing rail line repairs this weekend. Glad that part of my trip is over.

Before leaving Bath today I took two good bus tours that are part of the same ticket. First the city tour and then the skyline tour which I really enjoyed. £13 for both.

Rinty, just wanted to tell you that I had lunch at the M&S Cafe today. I looked around the store quite a bit and they have really nice things. I also looked around Debenhams but liked M&S much better.

I’ve had a great trip but I’m ready to go home.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

had to look up pics of that hotel FloridaCatLover. Very interesting.

I remember the first time I saw one of those wet bathrooms - you called it?

I wondered, so the water just goes everywhere. This was at a hotel we were placed in when we first got to Sicily.