Daily Check in Sept 11, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Sept 11, 2018

Post by LWolfT »

Anyway, back again ....
Took care of some chores ... changed blankets and put the summer ones in the wash ... must remember to put those in the dryer, LOL!
DH is off to work ... got a bill from the urgent care saying that insurance won't pay anything toward the x-ray from when he had bursitis/cortisone shot. So he needs to deal with that. (Now wondering if they will pay for the actual exam/shot.)
We are trying to figure out why birds are slamming into our front window. We just pulled the fourth fatality out of the front garden ... not to mention the half-dozen or so that survived the collision. Don't know if they see a reflecton of the tree outside or see the big plant inside, or what.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Got one of my little projects off the ground.

I was the go between and now it is in the hands of the proper people. And they are being so helpful. Of course it is animal related - :mrgreen:

Hope it works out

Ran some other errands with a sibling. Now to just do some home stuff and later go to mass.

Have a great afternoon.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I just can't seem to muster up enough energy to get my day started. I have errands to run, not much in the way of housework, but I do want things tidy before I leave on Friday. I have a list made, just need to get to it. The weather isn't helping my motivation at all, another gloomy cloudy day which is a downer. I don't feel bad, just blah!

So glad to see that FloridaCat has arrived back home safely and had such a wonderful trip.

Jackie glad that you are back home safely as well. As much as you are doing you will need another vacation to rest up again.

17 years ago I was on my way to work, listening to the radio when I heard that the first tower had been hit. I thought I had misunderstood. Got to work and since my boss was out of town I was alone in the building. I went to our break area and turned on the TV just in time to see the second building hit. He called me at about that time and told me to take as much work as I could home with me and work from home that day. I forwarded the office calls to my cellphone, but didn't get a call from any clients that day. DH had retired and we spent the day in front of the TV. It was a frightening day and one that I will never forget.

I hope that all of you are safe and happy today.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Seventeen years ago, I was working at my first religious organization job. It was absolutely quiet in the office. I was the only person there. The phone rang, and a friend told me to turn on the radio. I listened to the coverage on NPR for about an hour and then went next door into the church to pray.

The children were let out early from school that day. I picked up my son and didn't want to let him go.

That night, I went swimming alone and was floating on my back in the chilly water, looking up at the autumn sky, and thinking about how fragile peace and security are.
Mackie
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi frugals -
Just brought hubs home from another 3 day stint at the hospital in isolation. Had to take him in for temperature spike Sunday morning at 1:00 a.m. Now he has C Diff because of the antibiotics for the sepsis - so now he is on two. Hopefully this will take care of things.

I always find it moving to hear about people's 911 memories. I was standing in line with my breakfast at the cafeteria at work watching the TVs in the cafeteria showing the first building burning. I had just commented to the cashier that some air traffic controller was going to be in a world of trouble when right before our eyes the 2nd plane hit. I knew right then we were at war. Those poor people. Thankfully work sent us home about an hour later. All I wanted to do was get home and be with hubs. He was working evening shift at the time, so was there. I was glued to the TV from then on. God bless those poor souls that went through that.

Well back to my fun life of disinfecting the bathrooms and washing all of the bedding in scalding water. Just wiped down the mattress with lysol and have the fan drying it. Infection just scares the bejeezus out of me, so no taking any chances. Have a great rest of the evening group.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

CG, so sorry to hear that your DH has C. Diff. On top of everything else. Poor guy! Poor you! I hope they can get everything cleared up soon.
Mackie