Daily Check in Sept 11, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily Check in Sept 11, 2018

Post by colonialgirl »

Thanks Mackie -
I just keep thinking though this time a month ago we didn't know if he would live, so I am just grateful things are going as well as they are. Hope in 6 weeks after all antibiotics are done he is well!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

17 years ago I was in a co-worker's office watching the second plane take down one of the towers. It was eerie.

I interrupted our company's Board meeting and was given an evil look from my boss and told him I thought that you would really want to know this and then walked out. It turned out that about 15 minutes later after making a phone call, he left as a neighbor's husband worked in the 2nd tower and he left US all working.

It was also the day he was fired . . . the only good thing that came out of the day. After a year of forcing senior staff to lie in the quarterly reports regarding the company's sales, Corporate's President told them he didn't know if any of them thought Corporate stupid, but he wanted them to tell him what had been happening. The next day he came back and was terminated.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

colonialgirl wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:07 pm Hi frugals -
Just brought hubs home from another 3 day stint at the hospital in isolation. Had to take him in for temperature spike Sunday morning at 1:00 a.m. Now he has C Diff because of the antibiotics for the sepsis - so now he is on two. Hopefully this will take care of things.

I always find it moving to hear about people's 911 memories. I was standing in line with my breakfast at the cafeteria at work watching the TVs in the cafeteria showing the first building burning. I had just commented to the cashier that some air traffic controller was going to be in a world of trouble when right before our eyes the 2nd plane hit. I knew right then we were at war. Those poor people. Thankfully work sent us home about an hour later. All I wanted to do was get home and be with hubs. He was working evening shift at the time, so was there. I was glued to the TV from then on. God bless those poor souls that went through that.

Well back to my fun life of disinfecting the bathrooms and washing all of the bedding in scalding water. Just wiped down the mattress with lysol and have the fan drying it. Infection just scares the bejeezus out of me, so no taking any chances. Have a great rest of the evening group.
CG, I hope that your DH will be healthy soon. I don’t know what C Diff is, will look it up. Take care of yourself, too, during this stressful time. (((Hugs)))
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

colonialgirl wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:07 pm Hi frugals -
Just brought hubs home from another 3 day stint at the hospital in isolation. Had to take him in for temperature spike Sunday morning at 1:00 a.m. Now he has C Diff because of the antibiotics for the sepsis - so now he is on two. Hopefully this will take care of things.

I always find it moving to hear about people's 911 memories. I was standing in line with my breakfast at the cafeteria at work watching the TVs in the cafeteria showing the first building burning. I had just commented to the cashier that some air traffic controller was going to be in a world of trouble when right before our eyes the 2nd plane hit. I knew right then we were at war. Those poor people. Thankfully work sent us home about an hour later. All I wanted to do was get home and be with hubs. He was working evening shift at the time, so was there. I was glued to the TV from then on. God bless those poor souls that went through that.

Well back to my fun life of disinfecting the bathrooms and washing all of the bedding in scalding water. Just wiped down the mattress with lysol and have the fan drying it. Infection just scares the bejeezus out of me, so no taking any chances. Have a great rest of the evening group.

Oh my, I do hope the 2 antibiotics work for your Hubs.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Thanks FCL and Jackie for the good wishes. This getting older is not for sissies.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:55 am Thanks FCL and Jackie for the good wishes. This getting older is not for sissies.
Lynn sorry to hear about your DH having a relapse.. Will keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers.. If he feels better he may not want to go out to any public areas since his immune system may be very low and make it easier to pick up germs that normally would not bother him. I had a staph infection once but by the time they got it under control I was put in to reverse isolation due to my immune system was seriously impaired from all of the antibiotics. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama