Daily Check in Sept 11, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
DesertNay

Re: Daily Check in Sept 11, 2018

Post by DesertNay »

colonialgirl wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:07 pm Hi frugals -
Just brought hubs home from another 3 day stint at the hospital in isolation. Had to take him in for temperature spike Sunday morning at 1:00 a.m. Now he has C Diff because of the antibiotics for the sepsis - so now he is on two. Hopefully this will take care of things.

I always find it moving to hear about people's 911 memories. I was standing in line with my breakfast at the cafeteria at work watching the TVs in the cafeteria showing the first building burning. I had just commented to the cashier that some air traffic controller was going to be in a world of trouble when right before our eyes the 2nd plane hit. I knew right then we were at war. Those poor people. Thankfully work sent us home about an hour later. All I wanted to do was get home and be with hubs. He was working evening shift at the time, so was there. I was glued to the TV from then on. God bless those poor souls that went through that.

Well back to my fun life of disinfecting the bathrooms and washing all of the bedding in scalding water. Just wiped down the mattress with lysol and have the fan drying it. Infection just scares the bejeezus out of me, so no taking any chances. Have a great rest of the evening group.
So sorry to hear about your husband. I had C. diff after a burst appendix during an appendectomy. Whereas, most go home in a day or two from an appendectomy, I stayed in the hospital for 6 days, just never feeling well.

After I was released, I was placed on antibiotics and Metronidazole and kept being tested for C. diff, but because of the antibiotics, it was masked and the tests were always negative. Two days after the required regimen was over and still not feeling back to normal, I developed severe stomach pain and a high fever. I went back into the hospital and now being off of the antibiotics, tests were positive for C. diff.I had IV antibiotics (Vancomycin) and stayed in the hospital for three days. I continued oral Vancomycin at home.

It took another month before I felt better. It's hard to be patient when you feel so wretched, but I just want you to know, that your husband will get better. I was told to take Florastor for a year after that to restore the normal gut bacteria and I did.

Wishing you and your husband the best.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily Check in Sept 11, 2018

Post by colonialgirl »

Thanks Janet - he is staying put at home - not by choice, but I am being quite firm about what he does and his treatment.

Desert Nay - thank you for sharing your experience and good wishes. I will look into that pro biotic