Canadian Pharmacies shipping to the U.S.?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Canadian Pharmacies shipping to the U.S.?

Post by Sandy »

I have a couple of friends who have just been diagnosed as Type 1 diabetics. This means insulin and insulin in the United States for those who don't have insurance help is quite costly. Does anyone know of Canadian pharmacies who ship non-narcotic meds to the states...after being provided with a prescription, of course.

I ask this question not even knowing the cost of a vial of insulin in Canada but because I promised I would.
floridacatlover

Re: Canadian Pharmacies shipping to the U.S.?

Post by floridacatlover »

Sandy, I don’t know much about Canadian pharmacies but there are several that advertise in our local newspaper. Can’t remember their names off hand but will try to find them if you want the names. I will say that I once checked for one of my fairly expensive glaucoma Rx back when my insurance did not cover brand name drugs and the Rx from the Canadian pharmacy was going to be manufactured in India so I didn’t feel comfortable.

I don’t know anything about insulin but here are three ideas for your friend. 1. Ask for samples from their doctors. My doctor gave me a number of samples when my brand name Rx were not covered. 2. Use GoodRx.com to check prices and discounts at local pharmacies. GoodRx is great, one of the best health companies for consumers in my opinion. 3. Check with the insulin manufacturer to see if they have any discount programs for consumers. I now belong to a discount program for two of my glaucoma Rx. In my case the program is not restricted by income but in some cases there is an income limit.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 am Sandy, I don’t know much about Canadian pharmacies but there are several that advertise in our local newspaper. Can’t remember their names off hand but will try to find them if you want the names. I will say that I once checked for one of my fairly expensive glaucoma Rx back when my insurance did not cover brand name drugs and the Rx from the Canadian pharmacy was going to be manufactured in India so I didn’t feel comfortable.

I don’t know anything about insulin but here are three ideas for your friend. 1. Ask for samples from their doctors. My doctor gave me a number of samples when my brand name Rx were not covered. 2. Use GoodRx.com to check prices and discounts at local pharmacies. GoodRx is great, one of the best health companies for consumers in my opinion. 3. Check with the insulin manufacturer to see if they have any discount programs for consumers. I now belong to a discount program for two of my glaucoma Rx. In my case the program is not restricted by income but in some cases there is an income limit.
Thank you very much. I will gladly pass on your reply. It's upsetting to the max when a good friend is crying because their prescription is so outrageous.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Sandy ... don't know if your friend is using an insulin from Eli Lilly, but I found a website for an assistance center.
https://www.lilly.com/diabetessolutioncenter

A thought ... I have heard that there is a significant price difference between the various insulin manufacturers (though I have no firsthand knowledge). Perhaps your friend can check prices and talk to her doctor about about options, if needed.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

LWolfT wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:20 am Sandy ... don't know if your friend is using an insulin from Eli Lilly, but I found a website for an assistance center.
https://www.lilly.com/diabetessolutioncenter

A thought ... I have heard that there is a significant price difference between the various insulin manufacturers (though I have no firsthand knowledge). Perhaps your friend can check prices and talk to her doctor about about options, if needed.
I have passed along the site address. Thank you so much!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Sandy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:36 pm I have a couple of friends who have just been diagnosed as Type 1 diabetics. This means insulin and insulin in the United States for those who don't have insurance help is quite costly. Does anyone know of Canadian pharmacies who ship non-narcotic meds to the states...after being provided with a prescription, of course.

I ask this question not even knowing the cost of a vial of insulin in Canada but because I promised I would.

I was getting my quinine through a pharmacy in Canada but they went out of business in July. Not sure if there are other companies. My company was called Canada Drug. Wish I had an answer for your friend. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama