Daily Check in Sept 12, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Sept 12, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss63 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:22 pm
clemencia2us wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:14 pm sad news

My friend's father passed away yesterday. But she didn't find out until today.

There is some kind of feud going on and the siblings are split between mom and dad.

From what she said, younger siblings won't even let them view his body before cremation.

I've known them all my life. I just can't think what would have caused this.

Please send good thoughts out to them. Thanks
Sure makes you wonder what people feel like is important in their lives? Sometimes I wish that people would stop for a minute and step into the other persons shoes before they make a decision. How would these younger kids feel if this was happening to them? I know we don't know the whole story of what caused this in the first place, but what in the world happened to forgiveness.
i know littlemiss. I grew up with these girls. All girls in the family. We'd hang out all the time. I just can't imagine what the heck happened. I did always think the dad was a little spoiled and acted like a big kid. He worked overseas a lot and the mom had to raise the kids almost like a single parent. They are in their 80s and just recently divorced - it was that crazy. Just two years ago they had a big 60th anniversary party. Ugh!!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:44 pm I just found out that a friend has been hospitalized in Portugal after her flight from Seattle due to a blood clot. Scary. She is only 50 and not diabetic. Sounds like she is going to miss most of her trip and will remain hospitalized.

I purchased compression socks for my trip but in the end did not wear them. Thought I’d be uncomfortable. I wore regular socks. (Some people even were wearing sandals.) So this incident with my friend will make me think twice about wearing the compression socks in the future. Of course my friend’s flight from Seattle to Lisbon was pretty long but I’m still shocked this happened to her.
hopefully she purchased trip insurance. A friend recently had to use that for her hubby in spain. He suffered a slight heart attack, but all went well. They didn't have to pay for anything because of the travel insurance. They were in Spain.

Compression socks are wonderful. I bought some for myself and two sibling when we flew to Boston. They loved them.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,
Its nearly 10pm and I’m exhausted. However I have survived 3 days of subbing at the “hardest” middle school in the district, and tomorrow I have a half-day scheduled at high school, but will get paid for a full day because I’m needed to be there 20 minutes earlier (and same thing for 2 other sub jobs for this dame teacher😍). 😮😁

I also picked up another subbing day for this month today, so that with the one I got yesterday, gives me 12 sub jobs for September, with only 1/2 day pay on one.

I had my self-reliance Business class tonight. I’m getting more ideas about making/selling GF goodies... more research first.

We also went to school board meeting tonight where Ds10 got his awards for Student of the Month for his Elementary school.

Dinner was boring baked chicken and a quart of home-canned corn.

Tonight I’m grateful I get to sleep in until 6:30 tomorrow (well I hope to), and that I now get paid extra for a few more minutes.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:33 pm
floridacatlover wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:44 pm I just found out that a friend has been hospitalized in Portugal after her flight from Seattle due to a blood clot. Scary. She is only 50 and not diabetic. Sounds like she is going to miss most of her trip and will remain hospitalized.

I purchased compression socks for my trip but in the end did not wear them. Thought I’d be uncomfortable. I wore regular socks. (Some people even were wearing sandals.) So this incident with my friend will make me think twice about wearing the compression socks in the future. Of course my friend’s flight from Seattle to Lisbon was pretty long but I’m still shocked this happened to her.
hopefully she purchased trip insurance. A friend recently had to use that for her hubby in spain. He suffered a slight heart attack, but all went well. They didn't have to pay for anything because of the travel insurance. They were in Spain.

Compression socks are wonderful. I bought some for myself and two sibling when we flew to Boston. They loved them.
My friend recommended that I wear compression socks for our flghts to & from Italy, and I was soo grateful for them... and extra grateful for them on the day that we walked from Metro to Vatican, around it, then from there to the Pantheon.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

When on a plane I usually do ankle exercises frequently to keep the blood flow going. I mean every 15 min.. Also if you can get up and walk up and down the aisle that helps. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama