Hurricane Florence

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalaaron

Hurricane Florence

Post by frugalaaron »

Hi All. I hope everyone is safe. Let's remember to keep those affected by the hurricane in our thoughts and prayers. --Aaron
Jackielou

Re: Hurricane Florence

Post by Jackielou »

I just saw that there are 4 deaths attributed to this storm. My thoughts and prayers are with the families affected.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Be aware of people soliciting money to help victims of the hurricane. Especially via Email, Facebook, etc. Contact the organization directly through a trusted contact number, check them out via the BBB National Charity Report Index.

Be wary of emails with subject lines related to the hurricane, hurricane relief, etc.

I prefer to donate via my Church or the Red Cross or other well-known charities.'

Maggie
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Most also don't want clothing and household stuff,they get overwhelmed and then have to get it properly disposed of.
After 9/11 and Katrina I wouldn't give the red cross a dime!
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

I suspect we have members from the Carolinas although I cannot think of who exactly. So many people are without power!
frugalaaron wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:38 pm Hi All. I hope everyone is safe. Let's remember to keep those affected by the hurricane in our thoughts and prayers. --Aaron