Daily Check in Sept 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check in Sept 15, 2018

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening everyone,

Late check-in for me today. It's been a pretty hectic day today. It was my youngest dd's birthday - 26 years old! How did that happen? I know that when I joined this forum oldest dd was moving to the states for her post graduate studies. I think that was about 10 years ago. So much has changed since then.

We had her favourite meal for dinner to celebrate, followed by her favourite kind of cupcakes which she baked. The gift was simple - just a meaningful card and some cash. The sweater I ordered had not arrived as there was a delay in shipping. Oh well, at least there is yet something else to look forward to.

I hope and pray all of those affected by Florence will have a speedy recovery and most importantly remain safe. Oldest dd still has some dear friends in North Carolina from the time she worked at her post doctoral lab. This wasn't an area directly affected but more inland in Durham.

Our weather has been uncannily hot and humid the past few days, close to record highs! I had to dig out some summer clothing again as it got to 28 degrees C or 82.4 F. With the humidex it was 35 or 95! It cooled off somewhat this morning as it had rained all night. But early morning the clouds cleared and bright sunshine and heat once more. We had already stored away our room air conditioner which was set up in the family room so it did get pretty warm in the house. But I much prefer this to the severe cold.

Tomorrow there is a presentation about wild mushroom identification and foraging I plan to attend.

Creative