Daily Check in Sept 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 15, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Saturday morning folks!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Sept 15, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi Everyone,

I am out of bed, contemplating my day. No real plans. I need to pack more. Maybe go through my closet. At some point this weekend I need to do laundry and change the water in a vase of Boxwood cuttings Mom is trying to root at her house. I also want to do some shopping for DS2's birthday.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Think I am getting used to the gloomy weather.

Why - because it is nice and breezy now. Cool air for a change. Must have rained steadily all night. We are under flood watch. Crazy.

Plan on attending a little event this morning. Will jump in the shower after i have my coffee.

Hope all have a great day
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The forum froze up on me and I lost an entire post. Couldn't even save it in draft form though I tried.

Up later this morning than usual and figuring out my day. It is not going to be the most frugal of times over the next little while, but hopefully spending will be kept as low as possible once again. The final week or so this month should be better for us as far as spending goes.

Most of the rain that we got yesterday has soaked into the ground and left little sign of its being here. The day is overcast and cloudy once again so perhaps there is more rain on the way.

I plan on doing my packing tomorrow morning and heading to my aunts early enough that I arrive around 1 in the afternoon (perhaps around 2 would be slightly better). It is a 3 hour drive in good weather so I will have to leave fairly early.

I have a few things to finish off as far as household tasks, and will hopefully get a few extra things completed as well (cutting all the threads on the quilt top being one of those things).

Supper tonight will be eaten out (football game is on).

Today I am grateful that I can spend time with my mother's last remaining sisters.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Then things get double posted!!!
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

It is still raining, we are under a flash flood watch, on TV they are saying just an inch or 2 more rain will cause flash flooding. There is a lot of heavy rain streaming into the San Antonio area.

I am not going shopping today. I am very glad that I went yesterday to get the essentials. I also got my flu shot.

The area behind my building was flooded last night. I am very glad I am on the second floor.

The third dinosaur is coming along nicely.

Penny