Daily Check in Sept 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Sept 15, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Saturday morning all,

My internet was down this morning. It is up now. My coffee pot died this morning. I had to go get a new one. Went to Walmart and got softener salt at the same time. The dead pot was only a few months old. Very disappointing. We drink a lot of coffee, so I simply needed to get another. I will see if I can figure out what is wrong with it later. But I did use a free gift card, so it didn't cost me anything.

Hubs has become constipated. Very puzzling since he gets vegetables a lot. I checked with the pharmacist because he has had a medicine change from the valsartin to the losartin. But she said, not likely. Well, it seems like it is one thing or another with him. He is just getting clear of shingles. My walking neighbor has been at the beck and call of an old neighbor for months now. I told her that he needs to ask his children who live locally, before asking her to run here and there. Well, today he wanted her to take him to the doctor and she said no. Her daughter had her car and she was going with another daughter to the Mall. They had planned it for weeks. She told him to ask his children. He said they were busy. I think she may be getting tired of being used. Time will tell.

Today, I will continue working at planting sugarcane and flowers along the fence. Last night I trimmed the siranan cherry along the fence back severely. I want to mulch and fertilize it today. No rain is predicted today, so it will get hot.

I had planned to mow grass first thing this morning, but thanks to the coffee pot, I missed the opportunity to mow in the shade. And here the sun is hot. Maybe this evening.

Today, I am grateful to be home. The traffic this morning was as expected on a Saturday, but some very rude, in a hurry drivers. A very defensive driving experience. Have a good day all. Be safe.
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

If you buy those 10.00 ones from Walmart,you're lucky to get a year out of them,the warmer burns out on them.
If you drink a lot of coffee be better to get a decent one and not keep replacing them.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good day.. morning almost over.. I have a load of sheets and clothes to hang in the garage.. Have done some mending and food prep..

Since it is Saturday I decided to make it pizza and a movie night. I get free HBO and Showtime off and on through my Dish TV so I tape movies that I will not pay money to watch and then watch them later on. I found a recipe for thin crust gluten free pizza.. Since I live in the boonies I always have the makings of a pizza in the fridge and freezer ie pepperoni, Italian sausage, pre chopped bell peppers and onion.. all ready to go throw on a pizza.Also always keep mozzarella in the fridge. I have packets of True Lime and will make a nice big pitcher of limeade to go with the pizza.

It has gone from cool to hotter type weather so it is best to stay inside and do things in the house.. I might dig out my Autumn decorations and start to put them around the house..

Keeping all those affected by the hurricane in my thoughts and prayers.

Wishing everyone else a nice and frugal week-end. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey All,

Best wishes to any who is affected by Florence, I did look up Hilton Head where Little Miss said she was going ? Hope her holiday goes well.

A very pleasant day. Mooched about a bit doing things you never get around to doing ;) ........so I feel like a fab housekeeper.

Washing is on the line though its not very warm , but there is a wind and I got one load dried.

Baked and USED IT UP so that felt good too. The last of some smoked cheese I got at the beach in a homemade quiche with red onion from the allotment. I served it with homemade roast garlic soup, also made with all home grown ingredients. Last night we had it with homemade bread. Tomorrow I am hauling some OAMC meal out of the freezer...............prob a chicken casserole.

DH has planned all out activities this weekend, so we did Predator at the cinema, which we both enjoyed 8/10. He is also number crunching. He had a pay rise from one of his pensions and has been paying an extra £100 a month into savings. He was going over long terma nd short term plans.

I do know I am blessed with someone that thinks like that rather than me having to do it all. Though I did pay off his danged credits cards twice back in 2005, didn't I ;) He has a holiday fund that sounds GOOD.

Anyway, I am glad today has been mellow. I SHOULD be sorting out a VERY GENEROUS donation of craft stuff someone at work surprised me with.

Reader , I could have wept ! How long has it taken me to clear out my $%£" craft room :shock: :shock: :shock:

But they were so pleased. " I thought of you and your craft group that you run, aren't you thrilled !!"

It truly filled the boot of my car :shock: And another girl who quilts brought it a bag of small fabric offcuts having overheard this.

Oh, well, people are thoughtful, bless them

Paid all bills, paid final bill for DHs 70th and even bought myself a new pair of low heeled brown boots to wear at work.

Off to piddle in the kitchen, maybe make some scones.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

well Boo, post gone :(

Short story we went to Hometown for breakfast.

IC
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I had to make my pizza with a rice crust instead of gf flour. I had all of the ingredients to make the gf crust but it requires a heavy duty mixer and mine is broken... Some gf flour mixes can really be stiff and unmanageable with out a heavy duty mixer. Anyway cooked up a pot of rice and made a rice crust.. I sort of make it up as I go along.. I add rice, cheeses on hand, Parmesan cheese, some pizza seasoning and an egg and bake for 10 min. Then add the usual sauce, cheese, toppings etc.It was tasty but will never win an award... I have enough for tomorrow for lunch or dinner.

Just brought in my laundry from the clotheslines. Everything smells so lovely.. Will take a shower, wash my hair, and slip in to a fresh nightie fresh off of the clothesline and watch my movie... Kind of reminds me of when we were kids and we had similar Saturday nights.

Have a good night.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama