Retirement is ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :-)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Retirement is ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :-)

Post by icfrugal1 »

What do you think of retirement, if you are not already retired, what do you think retirement will be when you do retire?

Retirement is not what I thought it would be, I can't tell you what I did think. :roll: Something about sleeping in LOL (try doing that with dogs that need to be walked :o )

But I Love retirement, I love my time being mine, not that I'm not busy, what I'm busy with I can't always tell you, but I would not trad retirement !

Sometimes the days go by slowly, but the weeks seem to fly by.

IC
Last edited by icfrugal1 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clemencia2us

Re: Retirement is ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :-)

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:42 pm What do you think of retirement, if you are already retired, what do you think retirement will be when you do retire?

Retirement is not what I thought it would be, I can't tell you what I did think. :roll: Something about sleeping in LOL (try doing that with dogs that need to be walked :o )

But I Love retirement, I love my time being mine, not that I'm not busy, what I'm busy with I can't always tell you, but I would not trad retirement !

IC
I got more sleep when I worked!
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:46 pm
icfrugal1 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:42 pm What do you think of retirement, if you are already retired, what do you think retirement will be when you do retire?

IC
I got more sleep when I worked!
LOL, because you had to go to bed to get up in the morning to go to work, and now you don't have to ?????
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I didn't have all these pets that had to be let out early in the morning!

I led a very simple life - :mrgreen:
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Oh IC - I was born to be retired. This is the job I have looked for my whole life.

That being said - I am pretty self sufficient. I don't need a lot of company and have multiple hobbies and interests in my home that keep me happy. I like to keep house, I read a couple of books per week, embroider, quilt, crochet, and knit. I like to watch tv & movies and can entertain myself on the internet for hours. I play with my dog and sometimes just sit on the patio and listen to nature. All of which make me perfectly content.

I am lucky in that hubs and I are compatible - which makes all of the difference. I have lots of friends that I can get together with or can speak with on the phone. Plus I love to sleep.

I know if you are someone who requires a lot of interaction with others, then it may not be your cup of tea. But me - I have never been happier.
rinty

Post by rinty »

You nailed it about having a husband/partner you are compatible with...........that's key. Of course I'm not retired ....but thats through choice..............but I work such short hours, 6 hours a day with 13 weeks holidays a year that we can still do what we want holiday wise.

We like to travel, we can afford to, we both love to cook, we are both low cost re " stuff" and we have the same sense of humour.

Of course Dh IS retired, today , off to a National Trust property for the day ;)