daily check in September 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
GMPG54

Re: daily check in September 16, 2018

Post by GMPG54 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:59 am Good Sunday morning all,

Today, I hope will be a good day. I read on FB gardening group that a lot of people have lost control of the garden just like me and are complaining about the rain and heat, just like me. It is nice to know that I am not the only one.

Today, I am skipping another day of thyroid medication. Two blood tests showed that the medication was excessive, high levels in the blood, but the doctor declined to reduce it. I found myself being grumpy, not me and that is a side effect of too high. I am thinking of changing doctors, but it is not at the top of the list of things to do. Since the levels supposedly change slowly, missing a day is not a big deal like it is with some medications.

This was weigh in day. Hubs is about 155 lbs and I am about 137. I would like to be less, but even on low carb, I am not losing much. That is a typical problem with thyroid issues. Later, we will check blood pressure. Hubs has gone up a little each week and he thinks the medication change to losartin is not working very well. He sees his doctor in a couple of weeks and we can discuss it then.

My old dance partner is about to "welcome" his daughter down to Houston. She is too sick to work. Her son, dance partner's grandson, is living in Houston with housing paid by old dance partner and child care provided by old dance partner. The grandson wants to bring his mother down to Houston and let her live with him and his 2 children in the 2 bedroom condo that old dance partner is paying for. She moved from Oklahoma to North Texas and it took her 2 weeks to po her other son's new wife. It is never her fault. So how long will this last before she gets herself tossed out? I am glad I live 1000 miles away.

Normal frugal things here. The rain barrels are getting used up which equates to a savings of almost 150 gallons of water not pumped or processed. I do think I may need another hose however. I had to steal most of them to link together to the back area where I am planting sugarcane. I used a free gift card to buy the new coffee pot and 2 40 lb bags of softener salt.

Today, I am cutting up and cooking turkey. I am going to debone and then cook both deboned breasts in the crock pot. The bone will go back to the freezer for a future winter soup. I hope this will give us meals for 3 days or more. I will put a 5 lb roll of ground beef to thaw in the frig.
Does your heart rate go up if you're not medicated correctly?
I'm diagnosed hypo and hashh
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Well that was odd,I lost my keyboard screen and it wouldn't come back...
Was just asking DGFlorida if her heart rate rises if her meds are out of sync.
Im diagnosed hypo and hashis and I sometimes swing into hyper if my synthroid is to high,first inkling is my heart rate going up way to much for my cardios liking...
Then,of course,they drop it and getting out of bed is a challenge.
This tiny little gland in our neck can sure wreak a lot of havoc!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

GMPG54 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:47 pm Well that was odd,I lost my keyboard screen and it wouldn't come back...
Was just asking DGFlorida if her heart rate rises if her meds are out of sync.
Im diagnosed hypo and hashis and I sometimes swing into hyper if my synthroid is to high,first inkling is my heart rate going up way to much for my cardios liking...
Then,of course,they drop it and getting out of bed is a challenge.
This tiny little gland in our neck can sure wreak a lot of havoc!
Not sure if it is this site or satellites in general.. I keep loosing my satellite today.. I have Viasat/Excede/Wildblue or whatever it is being called right now.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Still raining here. Crazy weather.

Hasn't flooded yet - but you never know.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

wow - I see blue skies!!!!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good evening all,

Tried 3 times to post earlier....they keep disappearing so I gave up.

Worked all day at the rental, but it is cleaned and rented again. I never wanted to be a landlord and this just reinforces it for me. Last renter was the sister in laws son....
it was not as bad as it could have been but I didn't put him in there and I didn't throw him out....the brother did. But I had to clean up the mess (with help)….Dad has suggested selling it before and I am all for it, the brother doesn't want it sold because he wants to install the grand son in it ….I am over it.
I didn't even get to cook supper for dad, we had take out...ran out of time.

I have a full to do list this week, and need to get some groceries tomorrow, also need to go to the farm store.
Off to read and relax.
JCKitty