daily check in September 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

daily check in September 16, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning everyone. Let's get started.
Dgflorida

Re: daily check in September 16, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Sunday morning all,

Today, I hope will be a good day. I read on FB gardening group that a lot of people have lost control of the garden just like me and are complaining about the rain and heat, just like me. It is nice to know that I am not the only one.

Today, I am skipping another day of thyroid medication. Two blood tests showed that the medication was excessive, high levels in the blood, but the doctor declined to reduce it. I found myself being grumpy, not me and that is a side effect of too high. I am thinking of changing doctors, but it is not at the top of the list of things to do. Since the levels supposedly change slowly, missing a day is not a big deal like it is with some medications.

This was weigh in day. Hubs is about 155 lbs and I am about 137. I would like to be less, but even on low carb, I am not losing much. That is a typical problem with thyroid issues. Later, we will check blood pressure. Hubs has gone up a little each week and he thinks the medication change to losartin is not working very well. He sees his doctor in a couple of weeks and we can discuss it then.

My old dance partner is about to "welcome" his daughter down to Houston. She is too sick to work. Her son, dance partner's grandson, is living in Houston with housing paid by old dance partner and child care provided by old dance partner. The grandson wants to bring his mother down to Houston and let her live with him and his 2 children in the 2 bedroom condo that old dance partner is paying for. She moved from Oklahoma to North Texas and it took her 2 weeks to po her other son's new wife. It is never her fault. So how long will this last before she gets herself tossed out? I am glad I live 1000 miles away.

Normal frugal things here. The rain barrels are getting used up which equates to a savings of almost 150 gallons of water not pumped or processed. I do think I may need another hose however. I had to steal most of them to link together to the back area where I am planting sugarcane. I used a free gift card to buy the new coffee pot and 2 40 lb bags of softener salt.

Today, I am cutting up and cooking turkey. I am going to debone and then cook both deboned breasts in the crock pot. The bone will go back to the freezer for a future winter soup. I hope this will give us meals for 3 days or more. I will put a 5 lb roll of ground beef to thaw in the frig.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

I’ve come down with a head cold and think I feel the lethargy that Kitty has felt the past few weeks. Friday I stayed home and did nothing and I plan to do the same today.

Yesterday I did go out. I had to do the banking I put off from Friday. I also returned some library books and picked up a few things at Dollar Tree. I met my friend at Starbucks (used giftcard) and showed her pictures from my trip.

Later I did go to mom’s house and worked 45-60 minutes in the yard. Mainly I wanted to cut the darned vines already hanging over the new fence from the back neighbor’s yard. His yard is a total mess and even though I tried to cut it back when the fence was down, everything has grown back with all the rain. At least I can keep my side good.

Tomorrow evening I’m going out for a belated birthday dinner with friends and I hope that I feel OK. So today will be lazy.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ... sunny and expecting another hot day. Not sure if the rain from Florence will reach this far.
Rather disappointed yesterday ... the new wheel covers arrived. They're the wrong style, and the wrong size! :evil: So I have to get this straightened out.
We did go to a big church festival last night ... food was OK ... at least it got us out of the house for a bit. (and we stopped for ice cream after, LOL!)
Today, some chores. I will make another batch of pickles!! Fortuntately, the cukes are winding down, and I see evidence of zucchini coming along.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Still raining here in south texas. At least it is nice and cool with a fresh breeze. I have my window open

Going to laze around today. Yesterday was a busy day with three outings. Make that four.

Lately, I've enjoyed getting out of the house. Even though it was raining, sometimes hard, we still made it out. Two were community events that I felt should have representation. Thankfully many of us felt the same way and both were successful. Then mass and out to eat. My sibling didn't go since she doesn't like rainy weather. To me, it is a challenge to see if I can still get out and go! I drove us out in the pouring rain. We made it! LOL.

Hope all have a great day...…... :D
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

I have an interesting morning planned out. I'm going to a presentation by our local conservation authority on edible wild mushroom identification and foraging. Then we have a guided tour through a nearby forest. I'm not sure whether we have the opportunity to forage some wild mushrooms at that time but am taking a couple of plastic bags in case.

We got some serious rain last night so I will be wearing splash plants, a rain coat and rain boots while hiking in the forest. It could be very muddy indeed! From what I've read it's in a rather swampy area. Dh and I both love mushrooms but I've always been a bit leary of wild mushrooms in case they are poisonous. Dh has golfing buddies that harvest their own mushrooms all the time. The guide of our hike is associated with our local university so hopefully is very knowledgeable.

Cloudy and quite overcast this morning but no more rain predicted until this evening. So it shouldn't interfere with our hike.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative