daily check in September 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: daily check in September 16, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept in this morning due to the late homecoming last night. Still a bit tired, but up an at em. I need to have a quick shower and start packing once again.

I will be traveling in the rain to visit with my aunts. Not a problem as long as the rain is not heavy. We need it and for the most part want it (even farmers, though those that haven't finished harvesting wish it would have waited a bit). It will mean emptying the rain barrel before winter sets in however.

Hubby will be more or less foraging while I am gone. I should and probably will bring up a few things that he can make for his suppers while he is alone. It will save him helping himself to other things I have planned to use at some point in the month.

I have also been asked by Hubby to explain what, when and how much I feed the cat each day. Even asked if I can set the food out like I do for the neighbour when I looks after Shania.

The football game started out very well for the home team with a run back from the opening kick off for a touch down. Kind of went down hill after that. We lost the game. Next game is in two weeks (Canadian Thanksgiving weekend) and I am going to give that one a miss if at all possible. I am hoping that Hubby's brother or sister will go with youngest DS and Hubby. After cooking all weekend I just might need a rest.

Youngest DS is going to try and make it home this coming weekend. He wants to see his cousin who works in the Netherlands, but things are still up in the air at this point. Depends on work.

Frugally speaking not an overly frugal day today or yesterday. Hope to get back on the frugal track the middle of next week.

Not sure when or if I will be able to check in over the next few days. I will see you all when I can once again.

Today I am grateful that we are not getting the snow that our neighbouring province is. Much too early for that white stuff.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning all,

I lazed in bed until i had just enough time to make it to 9:00 Mass. An unhappy belly had my up for about an hour. I came home and quickly went through my closet trying on my dress pants. Church has a St. Vincent DePaul Truck on property today. This is something I have been meaning to do. None of them were too awful, but if I could slide them over my hips without unbuttoning, and they did not have belt loops, out they went. I kept 2 pairs. So after finishing here and reading my newspaper, I will run 3 bags of household goods to the truck.

I do want to go out and get DS2 a birthday card and some colored duck tape to label boxes.

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:09 am Good morning all.

I’ve come down with a head cold and think I feel the lethargy that Kitty has felt the past few weeks. Friday I stayed home and did nothing and I plan to do the same today.

Yesterday I did go out. I had to do the banking I put off from Friday. I also returned some library books and picked up a few things at Dollar Tree. I met my friend at Starbucks (used giftcard) and showed her pictures from my trip.

Later I did go to mom’s house and worked 45-60 minutes in the yard. Mainly I wanted to cut the darned vines already hanging over the new fence from the back neighbor’s yard. His yard is a total mess and even though I tried to cut it back when the fence was down, everything has grown back with all the rain. At least I can keep my side good.

Tomorrow evening I’m going out for a belated birthday dinner with friends and I hope that I feel OK. So today will be lazy.
Florida cat sorry to hear you are not well.. Hope you feel better soon..

I seemed to have missed your birthday so Happy belated birthday to you and many, many more. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:25 am Good morning everyone,

I have an interesting morning planned out. I'm going to a presentation by our local conservation authority on edible wild mushroom identification and foraging. Then we have a guided tour through a nearby forest. I'm not sure whether we have the opportunity to forage some wild mushrooms at that time but am taking a couple of plastic bags in case.

We got some serious rain last night so I will be wearing splash plants, a rain coat and rain boots while hiking in the forest. It could be very muddy indeed! From what I've read it's in a rather swampy area. Dh and I both love mushrooms but I've always been a bit leary of wild mushrooms in case they are poisonous. Dh has golfing buddies that harvest their own mushrooms all the time. The guide of our hike is associated with our local university so hopefully is very knowledgeable.

Cloudy and quite overcast this morning but no more rain predicted until this evening. So it shouldn't interfere with our hike.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Creative.. How exciting.. I would love to find someone to offer us a similar class here.. I too would love to find out what is edible in our area.. The only ones here that I feel safe about are morel and they are not just sitting around waiting to be picked in my yard..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning.. We are still having hot days here.. I am so over summer and hopefully we will cool down in the near future. I have been having problems sleeping at night and then yesterday evening and late night had problems with severe nausea. I did not feel sick otherwise.. I had to eat some peanut butter one time and drink a big glass of water and late evening had a small bowl of buttered rice with lots of salt and pepper and a big glass of water. Although my blood sugar was ok I felt like it was going low and the food did help. I need to work on making better more balanced meals.

Not much going on here. Will putter some in the kitchen.. I am out of snacks so will make some gluten free crackers and pimento cheese spread for snacks..I have a few apples left on my tree so will see if I can get them off of the tree with a long pole. Also a few stored in my basement. They are always a nice snack with a little bit of peanut butter. Also will make a few deviled eggs for quick protein snacks.. I have a jar of almond butter that has taken me off and on since yesterday to get the oil blended back in to the almond butter.. ie nuke for a 20 seconds and then work the almond butter and oil.. Today things look good so will make some gluten free almond butter cookies.

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up starving this morning. I fixed breakfast after my hour wait after morning meds.

I finished another dinosaur last night. Now to decide whether to make more or to move on to something else.

So far this is the second wettest September in recorded history.

I washed my hair this morning. I stripped my bed the sheets are in the dryer. I have the bed partially made. That is the hard part is done, the bottom sheet is on the bed.

My daughter came over this morning and took me to Walmart. I was able to make the returns I had. Plus pick up a few things I needed.

While I was there I walked around the store more then once.

Penny